Too much ammo?

In all, the Pentagon manages a stockpile of conventional ammunition worth $70 billion.
Holey Schnikeys!

That's what: 10, 15 bricks of .22lr?

This is unacceptable and I bet you could sell the excess usable 9 mm ammunition at a reduced price to civilian outlets — and make money for the DoD.
Why at a discount?

Last edited:
Why would I have my soldiers shoot more and become better Marksmen?

Said no officer, ever, in the history of armies.

Holey Schnikeys!

That's what: 10, 15 bricks of .22lr?

Why at a discount?

Because you already paid for it once!

You can buy powder, pre-primed brass, and projectiles from 308 and 50cal, which has been demilitarized (disassembled and the components harvested) but you cannot buy intact and functional boolits...
Think about that. Military ammo is purchased at milspec pricing from manufacturers at taxpayer expense, stored and managed at taxpayer expense, declared obsolete and sold for pennies on the dollar to salvage operators who commit to demil it, then offer up the components for sale to american taxpayers.

Why would I have my soldiers shoot more and become better Marksmen?

Said no officer, ever, in the history of armies.

I had a LT get a pallet of MK19 training rounds for our platoon. She didn't believe me when I said its too much. I think 5 trucks spent a few hours doing 20 round bursts into the desert. Thus was after we all had plenty if time to practice and become proficient. But hey, seal was broken and we couldn't bring it back

Because you already paid for it once!

You can buy powder, pre-primed brass, and projectiles from 308 and 50cal, which has been demilitarized (disassembled and the components harvested) but you cannot buy intact and functional boolits...
Think about that. Military ammo is purchased at milspec pricing from manufacturers at taxpayer expense, stored and managed at taxpayer expense, declared obsolete and sold for pennies on the dollar to salvage operators who commit to demil it, then offer up the components for sale to american taxpayers.

I'm just saying if they're going to get rid of it anyway, they should get as much money as anyone is willing to pay unless they want to return it to the taxpayers free. (and not one at a time.)

I'm just saying if they're going to get rid of it anyway, they should get as much money as anyone is willing to pay unless they want to return it to the taxpayers free. (and not one at a time.)

Yeah, as a taxpayer I'd like to see govliq selling live ammo at whatever the market mandates... but .gov can't sell ANY ammo to Americans. (Afganistan, Iraq, and any other nominal "allies..." but not Americans.)

Holy shit. How about you just put it into storage in case you need it. These moonbat progressives would never sell the surplus to citizens...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Sad thing is so many taxpayers don't give two shits that they have money taken from their paychecks every week only to have it blatantly flushed down the toilet.

Yeah, as a taxpayer I'd like to see govliq selling live ammo at whatever the market mandates... but .gov can't sell ANY ammo to Americans. (Afganistan, Iraq, and any other nominal "allies..." but not Americans.)

Sounds like you're saying that's a law (or executive order). Is it?

When they sell to "allies" I assume it's not to the citizenry.

Sounds like you're saying that's a law (or executive order). Is it?

When they sell to "allies" I assume it's not to the citizenry.

I was under the impression, from reading here and I THINK from EddieCoyles reloading class, the there was indeed an EO preventing ammo sales to civilians (Clinton Administration?)
This is why CMP surplus is from NATO allies, and not from the US.

I think.

I was under the impression, from reading here and I THINK from EddieCoyles reloading class, the there was indeed an EO preventing ammo sales to civilians (Clinton Administration?)

I think.

Another reason I hate that grey-haired intern-banger

Several states sell airport /confiscated knives, clippers and multi-tools on ebay. The proceeds go back into the state coffers. Maybe O'Bummer can start a gunbroker account? dildos

I think.

We gotta get rid of a lot of these EOs - which means we need to put a liberty minded president in office. What are the odds of that one? Not high, I'd wager.

I can give you several reasons:

1. It would be the right thing to do.
2. It would give the armed forces some extra income (yes, very small in the grand scheme of things, but still).
3. It would be a way of showing taxpayers that they don't want to waste their hard earned tax dollars.
4. It would give gun enthusiasts cheap ammo.
5. It would demonstrated that "they" are not here to take our guns.

There are probably many more reasons.

Hence, with this backwards, inside-is-outside, upside-is-down, government that we have, selling it to the civilian market is exactly what they will NOT do.

Why wouldn't anything .50cal or less be sold off to the civilian market as surplus?

Several states sell airport /confiscated knives, clippers and multi-tools on ebay. The proceeds go back into the state coffers. Maybe O'Bummer can start a gunbroker account? dildos

I still say that the one lady at the marlboro show had a pile of them. Bunches of used mis-matched knives for cheap...

I was 11 when 9/11 happened. I remember going through airport security, sticking my pocket knife in a basket, going through the metal detector, and getting my knife handed back to me by the (non TSA) security guard. It makes me sad that people younger than me will never experience such a hassle free experience. Heck, back then you could go to the gate to see people off or welcome people who were arriving. :(

Can a EO be rescinded and why not ?

Any EO can be rescinded by any president, because they obtain all of their force from the office of the president.

Why wouldn't anything .50cal or less be sold off to the civilian market as surplus?

It used to be...Anyone who was active in shooting military calibers in the 1980's may remember being able to score anything from 20mm to 5.56 at bargain basement prices...I've really got to dig through some old pics. I have one of me in my 1967 Lincoln, surrounded by 20mm and 50BMG - the car would barely drive...I recall 20mm was about $2.00 a round and BMG was in the .75 per range...

Back
Top Bottom