• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tommy guns expert needed for SyFy Channel - URGENT !

JackO

Instructor
I just received this email, SyFy channel will be filming in Boston this Thursday:
----------------------------
Subject: On-camera expert needed

Hello, I am a producer in town filming a television show for the SyFy Channel, and we are looking for a gun expert to appear on camera. We need someone who is familiar with prohibition-era firearms, particularly Tommy guns, and who can give us a brief history and overview of the use of these guns.

We will be shooting this scene at around 1PM on Thursday. Please contact me immediately if you have someone who might be interested in appearing as an expert on national TV.

--
Michelle Myers
Field Producer, SyFy Channel
Gurney Productions
Los Angeles, CA
Office 310-645-1499 X213
Cell 323-422-2178
[email protected]
-------------------------------

Does anybody want to volunteer?

i can think of someone. however he already knows about this as he's a licensed fortune teller.

thinking of the same guy, he is a perfect fit IMHO.

090516-bincat-is-intrigued.jpg

I can do this, I know shit about prohibition era firearms, but I can appear to be a TV "expert" and vomit load of stupid shit that would look legit to 99% of the audience [rofl]My "testimony" will be copied into youtube, posted on Wikipedia and quoted forever as expert opinion.

It will be absolute gold if he introduces himself as one eyed jack. The stuff legends are made of.

I can do this, I know shit about prohibition era firearms, but I can appear to be a TV "expert" and vomit load of stupid shit that would look legit to 99% of the audience [rofl]My "testimony" will be copied into youtube, posted on Wikipedia and quoted forever as expert opinion.

if jack won't--you HAVE to! it will be like the judge judy thread.

It would be kind of funny:

"yes, this Tomnmy gun is good, but not good as AK ... let me tell you about AK ..."
"BAR was powerful rifle, but not as powerful as Mosin Nagant used in defense of motherland ..."
".45 caliber is a little bigger as Tokarev round, but not as powerful"

Too bad it's not a live show and they will scrap my "interview" ... ask me how my last invitation to Al Gezeera went ... [sad]

Do you get extra points if you bring your bug out bag?

"yes, this Tomnmy gun is good, but not good as AK ... let me tell you about AK ..."
"BAR was powerful rifle, but not as powerful as Mosin Nagant used in defense of motherland ..."

Too bad it's not a live show and they will scrap my "interview" ... ask me how my last invitation to Al Gezeera went ... [sad]

"and as always, have nice day"

I'd like to help, but will be spending quality time with my sons (hunting). Also, Mark just arrived from AK. Jack.

Here's your chance Boris!

Here's your chance Boris!

email sent, waiting for reply ... [rolleyes]

Dear Michelle,

I'd like to volunteer to be the Tommy gun expert on whatever show you are doing for SyFy channel. I also have a thick Russian accent that would fit in well. I do a great impression of Boris from that old Bullwinkle show.

Tommy gun is a great gun, a forerunner of Assault Weapons that take high capacity clips and can literally shoot through multiple buildings on full auto (which is completely illegal today). I can tell you all about it or just whatever you want to hear. Also, I don't watch TV that match, but if some wild chance you also make that show called "Jersey Shore", it would be great to bring Snooky to shoot a Tommy gun.

Sincerely,

Boris

Michelle might be hotter than snooky. Boris should hit on Michelle.

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

Hell, I dont know jack s**t about tommy guns and that still could apply to me. Its not what you know, its how much you make people think you know...

Back
Top Bottom