• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tom Cruise has excellent trigger discipline!

As does the entire cast and crew of Wichita. They're filming right outside my office in the South End, and they just finished filming a shooting scene. It's actually quite interesting to watch.

They have one guy on set whose only responsibility is to handle the prop guns; he takes them from each actor as soon as "cut" is called, clears the gun, and maintains sole control of the firearms until they're about to begin filming again. He's meticulous about unloading and loading between each take. Everyone, prop guy and actors, maintain safe direction and trigger discipline. It's really quite impressive and very reassuring to watch.

Oh yeah, and Cameron Diaz is on set too…

Actually, they are using the quarters of the Boston Sparks Association, 344 Congress Street, for their set location. FWIW, this same building was used as a set in "The Departed."

Where about is that? I am right by the Federal Reserve Bank/South Station area.

About 5 minutes away, Harrison Ave @ Union Park. If you have a minute, definitely come check it out - they're running a car chase sequence right now.

I've got some good pics and a great video clip of one of the car sequences, but no way to upload them from work - I'll post everything tonight.

I had heard from either Michael Mann or the the technical director on Collateral that Tom Cruise exhibits excellent shooting skills. This was in reference to the Mozambeque drill featured in that film.

WE must work in the same building. I was standing outside of my work when they were doing the car scene. Sounded/looking like the blew the transmission so I went back inside. Sucks trying to get to the gym they been blocking for 3 days.

About 5 minutes away, Harrison Ave @ Union Park. If you have a minute, definitely come check it out - they're running a car chase sequence right now.

I've got some good pics and a great video clip of one of the car sequences, but no way to upload them from work - I'll post everything tonight.

Back
Top Bottom