Tom Brady announces he's leaving the NE Patriots

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
hope he gets his knee crushed on the first snap of the season.

He's not worth $30M or whatever he was chasing...for f***'s sake he'll be 43 next season and played like a third rate qb all year.

I was really hoping he'd retire a patriot and not pull a Farve, but I hope he humiliates himself next season...
Lol every guy from this caliber of QB has gone FR at the end. Montana went to the Chiefs, Farve went to the Vikings?, Manning played in a super bowl that he had no
f***ing business playing in, etc. Expecting Brady to not go FR, simply wasn't in the cards.

-Mike

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lol every guy from this caliber of QB has gone FR at the end. Montana went to the Chiefs, Farve went to the Vikings?, Manning played in a super bowl that he had no
f***ing business playing in, etc. Expecting Brady to not go FR, simply wasn't in the cards.

-Mike
i know....it was always wishful thinking that he'd just retire as a patriot.

Would have been cool if he took a coaching job on the team or even went to be a tv analyst or something...i think he'd be really good for that.

BrianWilson

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not a huge football guy, but the playoffs and the SB are always a good excuse for Doritos and guac, and burning some ribs or something, specially cause it's cold and there ain't much else going on.
TB12 ?..... you just KNEW he was going to pull it off in the last minute, and he did, more times than not.
Thanks Tom, Best of Luck where ever you end up!!!!!

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Well bye.

Cant understand it. Playing for money? He’s got enough already. Maybe get another ring? Not in LA or Tampa Bay. So strange. Bye.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. End of a truly historic era. All good things... yada yada. Still sucks when it happens. Thanks for the memories TB12

BigTimber

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
but it is a distraction from reality...
Yup and 20 million something illegal aliens a medication supply chain dominated by China And a couple trillion dollars in debt later how’s that worked out for us? Nation of morons. Almost every guy I know can name half the team like family members, Half the supreme court? Not so much. I don’t care if grown men playing children’s games ever comes back on the idiot box.

Squire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Lot's of Ma**h***s cryin' into their over-sugared and half-and-half'ed Dunks iced coffee with extra foam cup today.....

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View: https://youtu.be/v4jGSvxCRp4

I have fond memories growing up of the pats sucking the most dick, and for a long time. Before I really knew what was going on, I remember going to the games with my dad and uncles. Jovial mood at the beginning, and then not so much halfway through, then towards the end I would hear words that I was not allowed to say.

Then we got the Tuna, and Bledsoe, and we’re almost in the middle of the pack, not great, but others sucked more than we did. Then came Tommy.

It’s a shame what the nfl has turned into. God speed tommy.

Laura

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its a pride thing...he feels slighted that kraft won't give him "what he's worth"

Yeah greed and pride....
Probably has more to do with the management being so close to the vest that they're not paying for talent to keep him protected during games. He's taken a number of hits and the older you are, the less fun it is...

Come and take

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Tampa overall is a good fit for TB. Studs for receivers Chris Godwin , and Mike Evans. Stud tight ends Howard and Brate.

Tampa was fourth in scoring last year with Winston. Tied with Saints in division.

Winston had 33 tds and 30 int and over 5k passing yards with that core!

Can you see Brady doing that with this stud core? There is no way Brady would have even close to 30 interceptions .Just saying ...

The times I had with my son on the couch or going to the games brought a smile to his face many times. I also told my son to watch closely because we will never witness this again.

I will be cheering TB on next year. We had him for 20 years and he brought us many great memories and bannners. That 43 year old I will take any day of the week.

Vegas odds of Tampa playing in Tampa for the Super Bowl will be very high.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Twenty years, nine appearances and six Super Bowl titles, and some of you are all upset and mad at him for this? Come on. He was only the 11th highest paid QB in the league the last several years. I mean Eli Manning was higher paid than him! Pretty sure he's more than earned the right to be paid and go where he wants. Doesn't sound like the Patriots wanted him anymore...

ccm75

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I appreciate what he’s done. Bill is clearly ready to move on; no love for a 43 year old QB. I hate to see him leave on a pick-6. If he goes 4-12 with a new team at least he did it on his own terms.....

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Twenty years, nine appearances and six Super Bowl titles, and some of you are all upset and mad at him for this? Come on. He was only the 11th highest paid QB in the league the last several years. I mean Eli Manning was higher paid than him! Pretty sure he's more than earned the right to be paid and go where he wants. Doesn't sound like the Patriots wanted him anymore...
Mad? No.

It's business. Not personal. Brady overvalued his market and then took the first nibble to save face because Bill didn't want to go crazy overpaying for a 43-year-old.

All that sounds very rational, on all sides.

I'm sick of Brady being here not because I don't respect him and/or don't appreciate what he did, but because the train's got to end sometime. And it's better sooner than later, once he's COMPLETELY useless. Time for the organization to move on. So?

Good luck in TB. Let's see what Bill can do now. It's more exciting this way.

Top Bottom