• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Today's the DAYYYYY (Miller V. Becerra)

connor

NES Member
Searched, couldn't find a thread.

Got the fpc email today. They are going before Benitez to send the antis and the shitlibs back to the drawing board, pretty much as we speak.
I hope to god they demolish that mag ban and cali doesn't get freedom week, they get freedom forever.
The sooner cali gets it's freedom back the sooner we do. I could give a rats ass that I spent >30 bucks on 30 year old steel mags or [shamefully redacted] on glock sticks.
I'll gladly take my losses if it means we get freedom back.

1612374244789.jpg

Let's get this bread

Ok so if he rules against it what happens
I feel like we get these court decisions but nothing really happens?

Ok so if he rules against it what happens
I feel like we get these court decisions but nothing really happens?

Realistically? Nothing. It'll make a break of policy between courts which isn't good and would open the ability for a SCOTUS weigh-in, however we all know that SCOTUS hates the second amendment as they basically haven't ruled on a 2a case since Heller.

Thinking about it, maybe someone should track scotus rulings for civil rights violations and figure out which civil rights are the courts favorite and which they avoid like the plague.

Thinking about it, maybe someone should track scotus rulings for civil rights violations and figure out which civil rights are the courts favorite and which they avoid like the plague.

People already do that in the form of law review articles. Almost every SCOTUS case gets dissected by law students and professors. People constantly comment on the legal ramifications of what SCOTUS does and does not do.

No one reads law review articles, though.

Update?

What happened?

I'd rather lose a fortune in mags and be free, but if we lose this pre ban mag prices will go through the roof.

Edit:

I read on Cal Guns that the trial will continue on Friday.

Last edited:
Update?

What happened?

I'd rather lose a fortune in mags and be free, but if we lose this pre ban mag prices will go through the roof.

Edit:

I read on Cal Guns that the trial will continue on Friday.
I don't know, I was hoping other people had some info/insights.

For some odd reason I thought this guy was a member here

Looks like it goes en banc. Why don't circuit courts just go en banc all the time. I honestly don't believe we have a criminal justice system anymore. It's just a bunch of anointed dolts giving their blessing or nodding in disapproval. Anything that gives power to the people is bad and whatever makes the state all powerful is good.

Looks like it goes en banc. Why don't circuit courts just go en banc all the time. I honestly don't believe we have a criminal justice system anymore. It's just a bunch of anointed dolts giving their blessing or nodding in disapproval. Anything that gives power to the people is bad and whatever makes the state all powerful is good.

That’s Duncan vs Becerra, not Miller vs Becerra.

Duncan is the standard capacity mag ban, which resulted in “freedom week”.

Miller is the AWB case.

So I think "en banc" means it goes before a panel of 11 judges on the 9th Circuit.

If the judges rule in favor of gun owners, the hi cap mags will be legal in CA.

If the government appeals it goes to the SCOTUS.

If the SCOTUS hears it and rules in favor of gun owners - we ALL can have hi caps.

Is that how it works?

Is that how it works?
That's how I'm reading it. If it doesn't go to SCOTUS, only CA gets unlimited mags. MA will be screwed for only a while longer. We will have a basis to file another lawsuit in MA and use the CA decision as a precedent case. Yes, it will take longer than if it went in front of SCOTUS but there is the path.
Anti-gun orgs learned their mistake the last time an anti-gun law went in front of SCOTUS. They will make sure the case does not go outside of CA. This way, pro-2A groups in all other states with a magazine ban will have to spend millions on each state individually. That's how you bankrupt your opposition. Don't forget: taxpayer money pays to defend the laws while pro-2A comes from individuals.

That's how I'm reading it. If it doesn't go to SCOTUS, only CA gets unlimited mags. MA will be screwed for only a while longer. We will have a basis to file another lawsuit in MA and use the CA decision as a precedent case. Yes, it will take longer than if it went in front of SCOTUS but there is the path.
Anti-gun orgs learned their mistake the last time an anti-gun law went in front of SCOTUS. They will make sure the case does not go outside of CA. This way, pro-2A groups in all other states with a magazine ban will have to spend millions on each state individually. That's how you bankrupt your opposition. Don't forget: taxpayer money pays to defend the laws while pro-2A comes from individuals.

EnchantedRectangularGhostshrimp-size_restricted.gif

Would be nice to buy a 15 round G19 mag made in the 21st century.

So I think "en banc" means it goes before a panel of 11 judges on the 9th Circuit.

If the judges rule in favor of gun owners, the hi cap mags will be legal in CA.

If the government appeals it goes to the SCOTUS.

If the SCOTUS hears it and rules in favor of gun owners - we ALL can have hi caps.

Is that how it works?

YEah. And expect that on the off-chance that we win the 9th circuit there won't be a challenge by Cali. THey'll be paid off to NOT challenge it and not have it not be law of the land everywhere. MA/NJ/CT/NY will pay billions to have them STFU at that point. LOL

Assuming that it even gets that far. I'm in a pretty pessimistic mood lately.

YEah. And expect that on the off-chance that we win the 9th circuit there won't be a challenge by Cali. THey'll be paid off to NOT challenge it and not have it not be law of the land everywhere. MA/NJ/CT/NY will pay billions to have them STFU at that point. LOL

Assuming that it even gets that far. I'm in a pretty pessimistic mood lately.
My pessimism says the 9th upholds the ban, and then the SCOTUS denies cert just like our AWB case. My hopes all died last year when cert wasn’t granted for such an important case.

Back
Top Bottom