1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Today's racist item Megathread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mikeyp, Jan 29, 2018.

1. mibro

mibro NES Member

2. snax

snax NES Member

cockpitbob likes this.
  3. greencobra

greencobra NES Member

quite a few years ago i watched a documentary focusing on a bunch of black retired couples who moved to africa and settled in a community they developed. it was a while ago, several years, so i'm not certain of the country and fuzzy on some facts. but things i remember for certain were every husband said it was the wives idea to move to africa. the wives strutted around in those funky robes and headdresses, wearing their hair in elaborate braids, the way they always perceived africans to dress and wear their hair. in reality the real africans were walking around in tattered pants or skirts and old detroit piston tee shirts. they were really poor, while the americans, the natives thought, were flaunting their wealth by building huge brick homes, dressing fancy and they all had a car. the husbands could see the tensions building and were trying to get the wives to tone it down but the wives wouldn't listen and in fact liked being superior to the african natives. one woman kept saying she was descended from african royalty and really enjoyed playing that up. but the best part came when a group of the husbands sat for an interview and all mentioned they were shocked because they were called white americans by the africans. the africans they settled among had an ink black skin color and the american blacks, their race being bastardized by european blood lines in america for 300 years, well....looked anglo to the africans. one guy said to the african people, they all look like white folks who had too much sun. the husbands really resented that to the point that they all wanted to pack it in and come back to the states. of course their wives enjoyed their new roles and were determined to stay.

Choctaw and mibro like this.
  4. Jason Flare

Jason Flare NES Member

Spoiler alert.

5. bauer

bauer

Best reply I've heard to this stupidity thus far (can't take credit; heard on the radio this morning):

Franklin must be allergic to peanuts

BBQ.Uncle and KBCraig like this.
  6. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

upload_2018-11-27_5-35-0.png

well, das racisss
    Dorchester Historical Society Xmas card gets them into P.C. trouble

the drifters knew it too!

Gidge likes this.
  7. new guy

new guy NES Member

It’s not a war on racism, it’s a war on white people as equals. Nothing less.

xjma99 and Frizzle Fry like this.
  8. enbloc

enbloc NES Life Member NES Member

I saw a blackface "smiley face" sticker on a bumper today...

[​IMG]

Jason Flare likes this.
  9. Yazz

Yazz NES Member

Wait until they watch Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer tonight!

Oh the micro aggression's. Misfit Toy's! No Blacks! ..............

10. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

Bert Williams was a famous blackface minstrel.

He was black.

Bert Williams - Wikipedia

enbloc likes this.
  11. enbloc

enbloc NES Life Member NES Member

So he was the genuine article...?

12. Zappa

Zappa Road Warrior NES Member

xjma99 likes this.
  13. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

14. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

Is it that they have such short attention spans they can't make it to the end of the story to get to the moral?

Kinda like how they also miss the point of A Christmas Carol. It wasn't that Scrooge was an incorrigibly niggardly bastard, but that he was REDEEMED from being an incorrigibly niggardly bastard.

Climbnsink likes this.
  15. Climbnsink

Climbnsink

Kudos for using niggardly. Wasn't it way back in bill clinton's time that a gov official had to resign because he used that word? And if anyone is triggered the word has no linguistic connection to a similar sounding word that was once a color.

EddieA and Choctaw like this.
  16. Choctaw

Choctaw NES Life Member NES Member

Interesting. I did not know that.

"Controversies about the word "niggardly"
    In the United States, there have been several controversies concerning the word "niggardly", an adjective meaning "stingy" or "miserly", because of its phonetic similarity to the racial slur "******". Etymologically, the two words are unrelated." Controversies about the word "niggardly" - Wikipedia

cockpitbob likes this.
  17. Rob Boudrie

Rob Boudrie

Then there was the Detroit city council meeting where one counselor confused "Black Hole" with something else.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  18. LoginName

LoginName NES Member

"License plates containing ethnic slur are recalled after complaints

A complaint about an ethnic slur offensive to Japanese-Americans has prompted Kansas to recall hundreds of license plates containing the random letter combination “JAP.”

The issue arose in October 2017 when Keith Kawamoto, 70, saw a Kansas license plate near his Los Angeles home and took a photo of it. Kawamoto then wrote several letters to Kansas officials, including Gov. Jeff Colyer.

"I let them know it is considered a very derogatory racial slur and I don't think it should be allowed anywhere," Kawamoto said.

Kansas’ motor vehicles division apologized, but Kawamoto wanted Kansas to get all plates containing the three-letter combination recalled.

The Pacific Citizen, the newspaper of the Japanese American Citizens League, first published Kawamoto’s photo of the Kansas plate.

When Barbara Johnson, a 67-year-old Japanese-American woman living in Abilene, Kansas, saw the story in the Pacific Citizen, she said it brought back memories of her childhood.

"It was not a good time to be Japanese because of Pearl Harbor and World War II," Johnson said. "I recall vividly as a child being called 'Jap' — and how it made me feel so small and hurt by being called that.""

License plates containing ethnic slur are recalled after complaints

19. greencobra

greencobra NES Member

I didn't see it mentioned on nes...anyone see the controversy kevin hart created by having a "cowboy & indian" themed birthday party for his one year old son? he posted photos on social media of all these people wrapped up in trade blankets. then he gets bombarded with negative comments and the guy stands there with an open mouth and wide eyes with a "whadda I do?" look. odd that a black person wouldn't understand the reaction of people over this. waiting for the local high school to have an al jolson tribute night where everyone appears in blackface. huh? what we do?

42775778_2199291140310428_5208426729793744772_n.jpg

20. Zappa

Zappa Road Warrior NES Member

Dick Gregory must be incredibly racist, just look at his book title!

[​IMG]

I'm surprised this hasn't yet been pulled from all retailer websites.

21. Climbnsink

Climbnsink

I'm outraged those people are culturally appropriating/sarcasm. I forgot there are rules ie only certain people can be guilty of cultural appropriation, otherwise none of the other cultures would be allowed to have indoor plumbing or drive cars.

xjma99 likes this.
  22. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

It’s nothing but a humbug.

23. PaulR

PaulR NES Member

24. MAGG

MAGG NES Member

anything on social media is going to get some pussies dander up.....so tired of the crying culture that is being raised in this country...makes me wanna start a family just so I can have a cowboy and Indian party...

xjma99 likes this.
  25. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

upload_2018-12-22_8-3-48.png

Dats Raciss....against robots!

26. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

upload_2018-12-22_8-5-41.png

they ARE magically delicious

27. GM-GUY

GM-GUY NES Member

The Dems are back on the reparations kick - I think Sheila Jackson Lee is pushing it again.

As was mentioned above - reparations should come with a plane ticket (one way) to Africa and revocation of your citizenship.

xjma99 and Lip like this.
  28. Mountain

Mountain NES Member

[rofl][rofl][rofl]

LOL, but I think frenchman can take it as well as dish it out, so it's OK.

cockpitbob likes this.
  29. Boris

Boris Son of Kalashnikov NES Member

it doesn't surprise me one bit, in fact I heard the same crap from Indians and Italians, never mind Afrikans, the shade of skin matters. Darker shades resent lighter shades and they are not as PC as we are in US, which I think is till the least racist country in the world when it comes to actual interactions with people, not media crap.

Most Afrikan descendants in US are not 100% Afrikan, most will be amazed how much other blood they got from other races. That TV documentary sounds interesting, mostly for the follow up reasons. I guarantee you that it won't end well. Nothing to do with race, just a bunch of people getting settled in a 3rd world shithole and flaunting their wealth.

xjma99 likes this.
  30. headednorth

headednorth NES Member

Ive heard of people who's retirement plans involve retiring to Costa Rica or Belize or whatever. Always wondered how the locals would react seeing a foreigner coming in, buying land, building what they consider to be a palace, driving a decent car, etc. Its one thing if you have FU money and can afford to live in an area that is relatively safe-ish, but if youre just some guy who worked for the T for 30 years and is trying to leverage your retirement dollars, I would think theres a good chance you would end up on the wrong end of a machete eventually.

xjma99 likes this.