Today I ripped up my check and membership to NRA , I'm done with them forever...

The NRA hasn’t done much federally in the last 20 years (they got guilted into supporting macdonald after getting their revenue stream shellacked by almost f***ing up Heller) About the only remotely useful thing they do is act as a token placeholder /paper towel roll holder type distraction or a whipping post for the leftist media. most of the time the NRA tries to actually do anything they end up making it worse (see also, bump stocks, parkland, nh con carry being set back by years because of meddling, etc )
A little is better than nothing , every group is the same doesn’t matter what letters they use , they’re all useless to a point and useful to another

Abandon them and one by one they will fall , because the same people that bitch about the NRA will be bitching about GOAL in a year and it will just continue on

I maintain my NRA membership for one simple reason. They credential me as an instructor. I don't really use that much anymore, but I consider it something of value and the NRA is still the gold standard for firearms safety training.
They also provide a means of insurance for many shooting ranges that otherwise couldn’t get insurance

The NRA had a ton of f***ing problems, but classic gun owners cutting of their nose to spite their face. The NRAs lobbying ability lies in its membership numbers. They are but part of the equation.
I think this is a fair question .
Do you think the majority or even a tiny percentage of those members support red flag laws ?
Because Wayne and Co. sure as f*ck did.

How many of those members do you think supported constitutional carry in FL. and NH. ?
Because Wayne and Co. sure as f*ck didn't and actually worked to tank it.

You either represent the folks paying the dues or you don't.

Do you pay a lawyer to represent you in court to have him working with the D.A. to put you in jail ?

Im surprise that the woke have not change the name of BLACK Friday! I figured there feelings would be hurt!
I am done handing out money to organizations. The only one I support now is our VETS.

Do you think the majority or even a tiny percentage of those members support red flag laws ?

How many of those members do you think supported constitutional carry in FL. and NH. ?

Do you pay a lawyer to represent you in court to have him working with the D.A. to put you in jail ?

As stated, NRA has a ton of f***ing problems. Nonetheless, despite its serious imperfections, we’d be/will be royally f***ed without them.

The NRA is strong, because it's been around long enough to learn the players, and the rules of the game.

A lot of the newer, more enthusiastic, .orgs come across to Nons and Antis like Gretta does here: Loud, demanding, and shrill, yelling so much that they're ignored due to their (lack of) manners, not just the message.

The reality is that "Politics is the art of the possible," is more reality than, "What part of 'shall not be infringed' don't you understand?"

The defenders of the NRA here sound just like those of the establishment GOP. An organization that has strayed so far from its original mission, and that has become so thoroughly corrupt, must be either reformed or replaced. Reform is easier, but even reform can't happen until there is enough pressure to remove the bad actors from power.

Any org that grows to the size that the NRA is at now is destined to become less of a civil rights org and more of a money generating operation for the people running it. No one at the NRA is thinking about protecting the 2nd amendment or furthering the interests of gun owners. Theyre focused on getting those TPS reports in on time, keeping the money rolling in, generating perks, etc. Id be willing to bet BLM is in the same boat or at least close to it.

Maybe Im naive, but I get a much better vibe from GOA, GOAL, 2nd amendment foundation, Comm2A, etc. I feel like there are people there that actually give a shit about what theyre doing. The NRA to me comes off as 5% elites who care about nothing other than their bank account and 95% worker bees who are there to put in 40hrs and get a paycheck.
You’re not wrong.

Effin A.

Ive never supported NRA. I send money to FPC.

As far as the Salvation Army goes, I had this conversation with my son today because he had clothes to donate and made a comment about their BS. I told him there is no way we aren’t supporting local shelters and whatnot over some faggot administrative policy that some clowns put in place. It’s full f***ing retard if you stop helping locally over woke statist bitches that sit in an office 1000 miles away

The NRA is strong, because it's been around long enough to learn the players, and the rules of the game.

A lot of the newer, more enthusiastic, .orgs come across to Nons and Antis like Gretta does here: Loud, demanding, and shrill, yelling so much that they're ignored due to their (lack of) manners, not just the message.

The reality is that "Politics is the art of the possible," is more reality than, "What part of 'shall not be infringed' don't you understand?"
...right up until you've compromised yourself into oblivion.

_70151203_large-lead.jpg

You have far to much faith in society as a whole

You should know that none of that is true , the board isn’t doing squat , new management will be the same story with a different suit, and the members that left would rather spend their $29 at dunks and Starbucks rather than change their stance

We as a community down my have the time to sit on the sidelines waiting for a 10 year restructure , too much shit can happen in a day never mind a year

But hey!! It’ll give everyone that bashed the NRA a reason to go online and pound their chest again and bitch from the cyber sidelines
Very expensive suits in fact.

...they did not support a 17 year old kid who loved his community and went to prison then on trial for self defense. They remained silent about Kyle Rittenhouse, this made me realize I am supporting the wrong people...
Maybe they didn't know how to support him (i.e.: freekyleusa.org). Anyone who does want to support him can do so (i.e.: freekyleusa.org).

While there is a clear spike in the number of states considering ERPOs, efforts to implement these laws have faced significant resistance from those who want to protect constitutional rights to gun ownership.

As Oregon’s state legislature was considering its ERPO law this summer, the National Rifle Association said in a statement that the bill “would allow people who are not mental health professionals, who may be mistaken, and who may only have minimal contact with the respondent to file a petition with the court and testify on the respondent’s state of mind.”

The ERPO “strips the accused of their Second Amendment rights [and] would be issued by a judge based on the brief statement of the petitioner,” the NRA's statement added.

Wait. People still feel the need to loudly express their hatred of the NRA?
Yes, because people clearly still don’t listen.

Same applies for the “conservatives” who have enacted more gun control than any liberals.

NRA has one objective, make money. They are no different than any other political fundraising group.

The defenders of the NRA here sound just like those of the establishment GOP. An organization that has strayed so far from its original mission, and that has become so thoroughly corrupt, must be either reformed or replaced. Reform is easier, but even reform can't happen until there is enough pressure to remove the bad actors from power.

Bingo.

I hate they ship those f*cking envelopes, lets everyone know someone is into guns.

Their marketing department are a bunch of c*nts.

But many do the same, f*cking Dillon shipped me a box that said "AMMO MANUFACTURING" on all 6 sides and now they send me their f*cking monthly magazine that has nothing new except some chick on the cover. F*cking, charge me an extra $5 on a $750 machine and cover that mag, I dont need the world to know. USCCA does the same with their magazine.

I need to opt out of all sh*t. I like to fly under the radar.
Imagine the packaging if they made sex toys. You'd get a smile and a wink from the mailman. 😁

Likewise. :mad: The amount of gun politics-related mail I get is beyond out-of-control. I am a member of many pro-2A organizations and they all seem intent on flooding me with mail so I will continue to donate. Well, it has to stop. My mail is often misdelivered, meaning my neighbors get to know everything about me (and me about them - it works both ways). It was not so much a problem in my old neighborhood. It could be a big problem in my new neighborhood. My new mailman and I have already clashed. He is not exactly your typical friendly smiling local mailman. 🤪

How to continue to donate without every neighbor knowing my business is the challenge. Any ideas? [thinking]
Easy. Send you a discrete envelope with a little note saying, "donate or else we'll start sending those glossy mailers". 😁

I wouldnt mind so much but by the looks of the material they send out they can probably buy every one of their members a nice Model 29 with the cash they spend every year on train-loads of glossy envelopes and over-sized parchment paper. That money can be better spent in dozens of different ways. If they were smart, theyd have some sort of monthly credit card donation tied to no calls and no mail. $X a month= 3 mailings and 3 calls a year. $Y a month= no mail and 3 calls. >$Z= no mail and no calls. Etc. IDK, anything is better than what they have going on now
One of Wayne's buddies owns a printing shop. It will never stop.

Any org that grows to the size that the NRA is at now is destined to become less of a civil rights org and more of a money generating operation for the people running it. No one at the NRA is thinking about protecting the 2nd amendment or furthering the interests of gun owners. Theyre focused on getting those TPS reports in on time, keeping the money rolling in, generating perks, etc. Id be willing to bet BLM is in the same boat or at least close to it.

Maybe Im naive, but I get a much better vibe from GOA, GOAL, 2nd amendment foundation, Comm2A, etc. I feel like there are people there that actually give a shit about what theyre doing. The NRA to me comes off as 5% elites who care about nothing other than their bank account and 95% worker bees who are there to put in 40hrs and get a paycheck.

All the activist orgs that start out fighting for a cause eventually end up as big corporate money making entities totally disconnected from their original mission. Think of Greenpeace, Sierra Club, etc. The only one still true to form is the evil Planned Parenthood. They fight tooth and nail to protect that evil racket.

Since Parkland, red flag laws have engendered support from lawmakers of both major political parties and groups on both sides of the gun-policy divide. In 2018, eight new red flag bills were signed into law.

Pushback from the NRA has slowed the advance of red flag laws in several state capitols, but the sustained enthusiasm for the measures remains striking. At least six bills were signed into law last year.

Back
Top Bottom