Today I ripped up my check and membership to NRA , I'm done with them forever...

Maybe contact them and see if they can take you off their mailing list? IDK. I know I freaked out on some poor woman calling from the NRA one day after the millionth call. She calmly listened to my rant and said, "...would you like me to put you on our do not call list?". I felt like an ass as she prob just works for some company that contracts with the NRA to make calls, BUT the calls did stop. Maybe we can do the same thing with the mail.

I wouldn't mind so much but by the looks of the material they send out they can probably buy every one of their members a nice Model 29 with the cash they spend every year on train-loads of glossy envelopes and over-sized parchment paper. That money can be better spent in dozens of different ways. If they were smart, they'd have some sort of monthly credit card donation tied to no calls and no mail. $X a month= 3 mailings and 3 calls a year. $Y a month= no mail and 3 calls. >$Z= no mail and no calls. Etc. IDK, anything is better than what they have going on now
I, too, am concerned that they spend more on these damn mailing to me than I actually donate. In other words, I am an unintended or accidental drag on their organization finances, not a net plus. [thinking] That just shouldn't be. [banghead]

I'll look into cutting off the mailings from the various organizations. I don't mind the e-mails. They can continue. They just go to junk mail anyway... not a problem. [laugh]

Only problem with cutting off NRA mailings is that I don't want to lose the American Rifleman magazine. Yes, I know I can get it on-line, but I like the physical magazine. That's the one thing I want to continue, the mailman and neighbors be damned. [slap]

I've been a member since 2007 and always wanted to simply do my part and support them for protecting my rights etc.

I always found it very uncomfortable the amount of physical mail and phone calls I receive from them asking for money.

Anyways they did not support a 17 year old kid who loved his community and went to prison then on trial for self defense. They remained silent about Kyle Rittenhouse, this made me realize I am supporting the wrong people. The rumors I have heard over the years are mostly true, the guy just cares about money and more money.... The biggest self defense case in a decade and we have stood by the NRAs side all these years with my hats and bags and stickers and they didn't make so much as a PeeP about Kyle Rittenhouse. So I just ripped up the membership renewal and I have no shame, no guilt and I feel sorry for the lady who will be calling me asking me to send them money, cause I'm gonna let her know how I feel about them.
What did any firearm's right's group do during the trial?

Wishing for the loss of a charity that has helped millions of people just because you don't like that they oppose racism, nice. I'll ask God to forgive you and drop a few extra bucks in the pot this year in your name. Merry Christmas.
"oppose Racism"....while being overt RACISTS. f*** the SA and the drugggies.

I renew fully aware of the deal. Wayne gets his McAllan 18 and we get a big f*** you to the antis. If you want to move the ball donate to GOAL or Comm2A.

I did. Just look a few posts back. Newsweek
The Newsweek article does not mention BLM. The original post was far from factual.

"As so many oppose this within and without our ranks, why are we clinging onto it so tightly?" wrote active officer Captain Charles DeJesus of the Salvation Army's western territory, in a public Facebook post that he has since taken down.

In it, DeJesus, who is Black, asked Salvation Army leaders and influencers to get the organization back to being apolitical.

I support 2 charities. The DAV and the SA. Guess I’ll find a new one this year. Maybe Saint Judes?

Well, it's definitely time for Wayne Lapierre to go. They have always done unpopular things from time to time that pissed of segments of their membership. If we didn't have a large national pro gun organization like the NRA we would have gun rights similar to Canada or maybe even Australia. In Australia it took one tragedy to gain the support of the public that was still reeling from a mass shooting. Their president acted quickly, and with virtually no opposition from any organizers they lost almost everything. They were a gun loving country until all of the pieces fell into place for the anti's.
You don't pull your 401k because of an occasional dip, you stay in for the long haul. The NRA's large membership numbers alone are a sign of strength and unification of gun owners in our country. Wayne won't be there forever.

I'm staying in for the long haul.

i wouldn't expect the nra to get involved in a murder trial
Considering how the NRA is always boasting about their column where citizens use guns to defend themselves, i would figure this would fit the bill.

The biggest issue i run into is that both my ranges require a NRA membership to be a member.

The purpose of today's NRA is to maximize the personal wealth of Wayne Lapierre. I quit a few years ago and informed them that until Wayne is fired, and the board of directors reformed to rid the organization of corruption and return it to its original purposes, they will never see a dollar from me. I put skin in the game, too - this action cost me my NRA instructor certifications which are now lapsed.

The life membership cost me $600 years ago and I need it for a range.
I think as long as we vote there's hope for the organization but for now, my money is better spend at GOAL & COMM2A.

The Salvation Army thing was the most important thing to come out of this post. Holy shit. I already told my wife not to give them a dime.
Of course, some people feel bad not throwing something in the pot. The world fixed this:
It was only $500 for mine back in the day. [grin]

And Salvation Army is a church. Not mine. I'll donate to mine instead: First Church of SpaceCritter.

Methinks my elders should respond by promulgating this Holy Wisdom:
f*** THE ******S.

Rip that check up!!! It’s exactly what the anti gunners want , falling numbers in membership , weakened support , no more NRA

Then they can scream at the top of their lungs they won, they beat the NRA

Good plan 👍🏻
And this is why Wayne stays in power and the NRA doesn't do shit to help with preserving our rights. If they don't feel pain they will not change their ways, you will get capitulation on bump stocks, suppressors, etc...

Rip that check up!!! It’s exactly what the anti gunners want , falling numbers in membership , weakened support , no more NRA

Good plan 👍🏻
I have doubled my donations to GOAL. I feel the NRA has turned Scummy. It appears that GOAL has done alot more for me, In my opinion. I wanna support groups who support me , my community and what's right. I always knew Kyle Rittenhouse was not guilty. That was a perfect example of self defense. Glad I have been proven right.

Good plan 👍🏻
I dont want them to go away, but they need to change the way they operate. Feels like they got too big and bloated and lost sight of what their mission is.

Wishing for the loss of a charity that has helped millions of people just because you don't like that they oppose racism, nice. I'll ask God to forgive you and drop a few extra bucks in the pot this year in your name. Merry Christmas.
Drop it in the plate that hide child molesters if it makes you feel holier than thou.

Yes. I was brought up and married Roman Catholic.

Good plan 👍🏻
It is incorrect to assume that the NRA board would allow it to go that far. If member support weakens and those ex-members make clear that they will rejoin once the corrupt management is replaced, and if that happens, the Left has lost.

Slavishly paying into Wayne's corruption machine is not the best action plan if you want the NRA to reform and become effective.

Considering how the NRA is always boasting about their column where citizens use guns to defend themselves, i would figure this would fit the bill.

The biggest issue i run into is that both my ranges require a NRA membership to be a member.
We fixed this at Mansfield F&G a number of years ago. We changed the bylaws to require NRA OR GOAL membership instead of mandatory NRA membership.

As for NRA, with some 60+ (IIRC) BOD members it is damn near impossible to change anything. You need a much smaller (maybe 15) BOD to accomplish any change.

I have doubled my donations to GOAL. I feel the NRA has turned Scummy. It appears that GOAL has done alot more for me, In my opinion. I wanna support groups who support me , my community and what's right. I always knew Kyle Rittenhouse was not guilty. That was a perfect example of self defense. Glad I have been proven right.
One thing that GOAL has improved on is that now some of their t-shirts can be gotten in normal sizes (like 3XL). That helps.

I dont want them to go away, but they need to change the way they operate. Feels like they got too big and bloated and lost sight of what their mission is.
Part of the problem is NRA is institutionally change resistant by design. It's difficult to throw BOD seats because theres a few cliques of retards that control everything. It's a difficult problem. Supporting NRA financially right now is like fuelling an airplane with 3 of 4 engines on fire and the people flying the plane are basically acting like this....

artworks-000416859099-7iwof0-t500x500.jpg

Part of the problem is NRA is institutionally change resistant by design. It's difficult to throw BOD seats because theres a few cliques of retards that control everything. It's a difficult problem. Supporting NRA financially right now is like fuelling an airplane with 3 of 4 engines on fire and the people flying the plane are basically acting like this....

View attachment 545808
Any org that grows to the size that the NRA is at now is destined to become less of a civil rights org and more of a money generating operation for the people running it. No one at the NRA is thinking about protecting the 2nd amendment or furthering the interests of gun owners. Theyre focused on getting those TPS reports in on time, keeping the money rolling in, generating perks, etc. Id be willing to bet BLM is in the same boat or at least close to it.

Maybe Im naive, but I get a much better vibe from GOA, GOAL, 2nd amendment foundation, Comm2A, etc. I feel like there are people there that actually give a shit about what theyre doing. The NRA to me comes off as 5% elites who care about nothing other than their bank account and 95% worker bees who are there to put in 40hrs and get a paycheck.

Yup , because goal is going to help fight federal legislation

They can’t even handle mass

Yup , because goal is going to help fight federal legislation

They can’t even handle mass
The NRA hasn’t done much federally in the last 20 years (they got guilted into supporting macdonald after getting their revenue stream shellacked by almost f***ing up Heller) About the only remotely useful thing they do is act as a token placeholder /paper towel roll holder type distraction or a whipping post for the leftist media. most of the time the NRA tries to actually do anything they end up making it worse (see also, bump stocks, parkland, nh con carry being set back by years because of meddling, etc )

It is incorrect to assume that the NRA board would allow it to go that far. If member support weakens and those ex-members make clear that they will rejoin once the corrupt management is replaced, and if that happens, the Left has lost.

Slavishly paying into Wayne's corruption machine is not the best action plan if you want the NRA to reform and become effective.
You have far to much faith in society as a whole

You should know that none of that is true , the board isn’t doing squat , new management will be the same story with a different suit, and the members that left would rather spend their $29 at dunks and Starbucks rather than change their stance

We as a community down my have the time to sit on the sidelines waiting for a 10 year restructure , too much shit can happen in a day never mind a year

But hey!! It’ll give everyone that bashed the NRA a reason to go online and pound their chest again and bitch from the cyber sidelines

Back
Top Bottom