Today I ripped up my check and membership to NRA , I'm done with them forever...

I just renewed my membership with the NRA. I agree with quite a few of the posters and what they say but sometimes we have to stay in it for the long haul. We can't afford to give up ground for the moment because the organization has lost it's way but it will change eventually. We need every gun right supporting organization to survive especially with the current administration and the Democrat majority as a whole.

I hate they ship those f*cking envelopes, lets everyone know someone is into guns.

Their marketing department are a bunch of c*nts.

But many do the same, f*cking Dillon shipped me a box that said "AMMO MAMUFACTURING" on all 6 sides and now they send me their f*cking monthly magazine that has nothing new except some chick on the cover. F*cking, charge me an extra $5 on a $750 machine and cover that mag, I dont need the world to know. USCCA does the same with their magazine.

I need to opt out of all sh*t. I like to fly under the radar.
I hate that shit myself. A lot of places do it right. Brown cardboard box and instead of "headed north guns and ammo" the return address is HNGA. I get that most places in the country dgaf but I dont need the local delivery guy with the face tattoos knowing that Im into guns. 3/4 of the shit I was shredding today was gun stuff that I dont want to just toss.

My regular mailman I think is a no-gunz but is ok. One day he was delivering something, forget what. May have not even been gun related. My sis was at the house and he says "Got a package for ya." She knows me well so the first thing she asks him is "Is it heavy?". He replies " Nope, no bullets today" LMAO. She mustve visibly shit a brick because he says " What? My brother has one of those machines in the basement too. Looks like a big can opener..."

yes.. it was a "murder trial". That's what he was charged with. If I were the NRA, or any company or organization for that matter, I would surely keep my mouth shut until all the facts were out.

Also, if the NRA were to support Rittenhouse, I would hope it would be done very discreetly. Maybe donate anonymously through his lawyer to his defense fund or something. Definitely not be out in the open.

NRA might be far from perfect, but the $40/yr or whatever to see libs lose their shit over them is worth it to me. LOL

The life membership cost me $600 years ago and I need it for a range.
I think as long as we vote there's hope for the organization but for now, my money is better spend at GOAL & COMM2A.

The Salvation Army thing was the most important thing to come out of this post. Holy shit. I already told my wife not to give them a dime.
Of course, some people feel bad not throwing something in the pot. The world fixed this:
https://smile.amazon.com/ZFG-Inc-a*...keywords=f***+you+coins&qid=1637818731&sr=8-3

Welp, I've felt this way about them since Philando Castile. Let's see how many of you remember or even cared about that incident.They didn't say a peep during that situation. Kyle's case is different though, too many politics involved.

Oh yeah, we know damn well NRA don't give a f about MA hahaha. Support GOAL and COMM2A. I've met Jim and he has my respect.

Last edited:
To give money to an organization that supports a racial divide or criticism is wrong. An organization that demands apologies from a race not a guilty party is wrong. I hope they reap what they sow and go under I don't feel a need to support a racist organization that want's me to kneel before them!

Having difficulty seeing the direct connection between what is in their statement and your response. I’m sure the Salvation Army is imperfect. They do good work. I’m happy to give them money. There are bigger problems in the world than good-hearted people trying to figure out how to deal with racism.

I’ve been getting slammed with NRA e mails to renew my old membership lately. I almost clicked on it last nite to renew. But I think I will continue to hang with GOAL, remembering how JOHN GREEN AND JASON GUIDAhelped me with the FLRB catastrophe. Positive results there !

I stopped caring about the NRA long ago. Glad I never bought their lifetime membership. I don't know what they do. Just put out ads for themselves? I mean, they must be working with $millions per year, every year, in paid memberships. Where is the NRA with Massachusetts? Where is the NRA with the National Firearm Act? If you ask me, the gun owners of this country are in a much worse shape than they were when the NRA was founded exactly 150 years ago (11/17/1871),
funny i have a life time mwmbership, they must have figured out im not a donation type...give it to local places.
I only get a few mailings
Rifleman mag, the big gun give away and any NRA election crap.
Phone has not rang in yeas

To give money to an organization that supports a racial divide or criticism is wrong. An organization that demands apologies from a race not a guilty party is wrong. I hope they reap what they sow and go under I don't feel a need to support a racist organization that want's me to kneel before them!

Wishing for the loss of a charity that has helped millions of people just because you don't like that they oppose racism, nice. I'll ask God to forgive you and drop a few extra bucks in the pot this year in your name. Merry Christmas.

Since when does the NRA care about other people's Feelings. You proved my point. NRA is way to weak for my liking. I like bad ass people, I like strong people, I like leadership. Ron DeSantis is a great example, he doesn't care about hurting people's feelings. He does the right thing, over and over. And there are many more great strong leaders out there.... NRA is junior varsity
NRA is junior varsity? They are the largest and most politically powerful gun rights lobby in the world. No other organization even comes close. Ask yourself this:
Which organization would the antigunners love to see gone more than they want the NRA gone? The answer: None. They don't even know that other gun lobbies exist.
There is absolutely nothing that Pelosi and Warren and Schumer and the rest would love more than the end of the NRA. Nothing. They would be dancing in the streets if we allow it to fail. They hate the NRA more than all the other 2nd ammendment organizations combined. The NRA is the single greatest stumbling block on their path to disarming Americans and turing us into Australia.
Is it a flawed organization? Absolutely, and those flaws need to be corrected. And those corrections need to come from vocal and active members. The problems with the NRA won't be fixed by you quitting, they'll be fixed by voting members.
If you don't like the way it's being run then play an active role in how it's run.
And as for the endless whining from some members about receiving too much mail from them, just log in and click the button to opt out of mailings! You won't receive a thing other than your magazine. And if you don't want your magazine you can opt out of that too.

I have been an NRA life member either benefactor or patron level for over a decade. I get very little mailings from them because I had opted out at one point. I do get that occasional huge envelope with sweepstakes or whatever and I also shred most of it. There’s usually a prepaid envelope in those mailings. I always send them back with a note saying not to expect a dime for me as long as Wayne Lapierre and Marion Hammer are still part of the NRA.

whenever they try to pass another law or ban another weapon they always say we will not bend to the NRA! They usually don’t say we won’t bend to the GOA or SAF or??

there are an estimated 80,000,000 to 100,000,000 gun owners in the United States of America. There are roughly 5 to 6,000,000 NRA members. If just half of us were NRA members we could make changes from within and return the NRA back to it’s once great self? We are our own worst enemies all you have to do is read a bunch of the replies on this forum and others.

I am not happy with some of the decisions from the NRA as of late and their leader ship needs a change. But I cannot imagine we would be in a better place if the NRA does not or had never existed? Join as many local and national gun rights organizations as you can afford. Get involved locally in politics and your local gun rights organization. There are millionaire and billionaire anti-gunners willing to spend their entire fortune to disarm us.

Not dropping membership……… I know they suck like all big moneyed organizations, wherever there is a pile of money it attracts grifters like Wayne Pierre, but they still have a lot of clout in congress. As for the Salvation Army which I liked and donated to because I thought that they were fairly honest, I am going to print up some cards saying something like …… “I apologize for my whiteness”……. and drop them into the red kettle with no money. 😆

To the posters who referenced the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF), they might not be the resource to turn to in lieu of the NRA. A friend who methodically backs up everything with citations shared this regarding SAF

Such retreat of the right-leaning voice from supporting important rights is
not new. Well before this trial, the Second Amendment Foundation, usually a
wonderfully protective guard-dog regarding our constitutional rights,
bizarrely said that it would no longer defend the 2nd Amendment right of
anyone who lawfully carried a gun at a protest or demonstration.
Apparently, you can have a 1st Amendment right or a 2nd Amendment
right...but not both at the same time. Even though there is no stronger
political speech in favor of the right to keep and bear arms than actually
exercising that right, SAF claimed, "If you are carrying [a firearm legally]
to make a political point, we are not going to support that." And they
remained very quiet after the Rittenhouse arrest and during his trial.

PressReader.com - Digital Newspaper
<PressReader.com - Digital Newspaper & Magazine Subscriptions
56406487> & Magazine Subscriptions

IANAL so there very well could be some legal nuance here I'm missing. I am no longer a fan of Wayne Lapierre but, as the anti's have many resources to draw upon, I think we need many resources as well.

Wishing for the loss of a charity that has helped millions of people just because you don't like that they oppose racism, nice. I'll ask God to forgive you and drop a few extra bucks in the pot this year in your name. Merry Christmas.
Don't bother I am secure in my feelings and don't support agendas that push race and divide of others and is allowed because of their past contributions. Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas to you as well.

Last edited:
I hate that shit myself. A lot of places do it right. Brown cardboard box and instead of "headed north guns and ammo" the return address is HNGA. I get that most places in the country dgaf but I dont need the local delivery guy with the face tattoos knowing that Im into guns. 3/4 of the shit I was shredding today was gun stuff that I dont want to just toss.

My regular mailman I think is a no-gunz but is ok. One day he was delivering something, forget what. May have not even been gun related. My sis was at the house and he says "Got a package for ya." She knows me well so the first thing she asks him is "Is it heavy?". He replies " Nope, no bullets today" LMAO. She mustve visibly shit a brick because he says " What? My brother has one of those machines in the basement too. Looks like a big can opener..."
Aside story. I had 10k 9mm projectiles delivered and the UPS guy said what’s out these are heavy. Without batting an eye I said “oh gosh, what did my wife order now”. It was all I could do to keep straight face.

I hate they ship those f*cking envelopes, lets everyone know someone is into guns.

I hate that shit myself.
Likewise. :mad: The amount of gun politics-related mail I get is beyond out-of-control. I am a member of many pro-2A organizations and they all seem intent on flooding me with mail so I will continue to donate. Well, it has to stop. My mail is often misdelivered, meaning my neighbors get to know everything about me (and me about them - it works both ways). It was not so much a problem in my old neighborhood. It could be a big problem in my new neighborhood. My new mailman and I have already clashed. He is not exactly your typical friendly smiling local mailman. 🤪

How to continue to donate without every neighbor knowing my business is the challenge. Any ideas? [thinking]

It is fake. Read what the Salvation Army actually said, not what some axe grinder said they said.
No offense, but a little Googling seems to indicate that it is real... and even worse, it looks like the SA is trying to cover it up now. [thinking]

I hope I am wrong. I've always been a big SA guy. But I will not donate to organizations that hate on me simply because I am white. 👎

Likewise. :mad: The amount of gun politics-related mail I get is beyond out-of-control. I am a member of many pro-2A organizations and they all seem intent on flooding me with mail so I will continue to donate. Well, it has to stop. My mail is often misdelivered, meaning my neighbors get to know everything about me (and me about them - it works both ways). It was not so much a problem in my old neighborhood. It could be a big problem in my new neighborhood. My new mailman and I have already clashed. He is not exactly your typical friendly smiling local mailman. 🤪

How to continue to donate without every neighbor knowing my business is the challenge. Any ideas? [thinking]
Maybe contact them and see if they can take you off their mailing list? IDK. I know I freaked out on some poor woman calling from the NRA one day after the millionth call. She calmly listened to my rant and said, "...would you like me to put you on our do not call list?". I felt like an ass as she prob just works for some company that contracts with the NRA to make calls, BUT the calls did stop. Maybe we can do the same thing with the mail.

I wouldnt mind so much but by the looks of the material they send out they can probably buy every one of their members a nice Model 29 with the cash they spend every year on train-loads of glossy envelopes and over-sized parchment paper. That money can be better spent in dozens of different ways. If they were smart, theyd have some sort of monthly credit card donation tied to no calls and no mail. $X a month= 3 mailings and 3 calls a year. $Y a month= no mail and 3 calls. >$Z= no mail and no calls. Etc. IDK, anything is better than what they have going on now

Back
Top Bottom