Today I Learned That Not Everyone Has An Internal Monologue And It Has Ruined My Day

Do you have an internal monologue in your head when you're thinking?

• Yes, I have an internal monologue

Votes: 59 85.5%
  • Nope, I have nothing in my head

Votes: 10 14.5%

• Total voters

Evadd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I have an internal monologue and definitely hear my thoughts when reading and writing, but I do not have a dialogue with my inner voice.

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My internal monologue voice keeps telling me to buy more guns. He's a real @sshole.

My guess would be that the more time you spend listening to and being attuned to the inner voice, the less time you are spending on a screen, watching the idiot box, etc.

My inner voice is loudest after a weekend up north, away from distractions.

DarthRevan

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My inner voice is begging the people to accept my offer on a house in NH even though I low-balled hard.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have an internal monologue and definitely hear my thoughts when reading and writing, but I do not have a dialogue with my inner voice.
Same for me.

This whole thing is like when people seemingly discovered Aphantasia was a thing. (Note: it is a thing. I cant picture anything in my head.) Everyone is shocked that everyone else isn't exactly like them. whoopty doo.

Last edited:

Greg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Interesting topic. I do not literally hear my voice in my head as if I had spoken the words out loud. The words are there but they are silent. So which am I? I voted internal monologue but now I'm not so sure.
Same here..My internal thoughts were trying to tell me how to type this scenario in my head out and just kept sounding stupider and stupider... but you described what is going on in my head perfectly.

I figure it can't be anything bad because you are pretty smart, so I'm not worried lol

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Same for me.

This whole thing is like when people seemingly discovered Aphantasia was a thing. (Note: it is a thing. I cant picture anything in my head.) Everyone is shocked that everyone else isn't exactly like them. whoopty doo.
Right.

It’s sort of like asking you to tell me what the color blue is.

you and I both can see. And we, barring color blindness, will agree that one house is blue and another house is red.

how you perceive blue is a mystery to me. I kind of have to assume your blue is the same as mine. But maybe it isn’t.

mikeyp

NES Member
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I don't have a back and forth dialogue, but when I'm thinking, I hear my voice in my head as my thought process. As if I was talking out loud but nobody was there, 1 sided conversation

Top Bottom