To you rifle people, a question on worth

FLHTC

NES Member
I was lucky enough to win a Ruger American Rifle in .308. I'm not a big rifle shooter or big game hunter. I may want to sell this gun. Where would yo put its worth?

Maaaann...wha chu mean "you rifle people". [smile]

According to 2013 Standard Catalog of Firearms price and reference guide- $400 nib.

gunbroker.com allows you to search completed auctions, much like eBay.
It seems like the going price, even for those labeled New In Box, is about $280.
A number of auctions closed without a bid, at $299.99 - $349.99
A small number of auctions closed with one or more bids at $279.99 - $301.00 (a flyer.. the market seems stuck on $280.)

Worth $75 to me. You deliver it.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Maaaann...wha chu mean "you rifle people". [smile]

You notice I said "Rifle people" and not Rifle guys? I didn't want to exclude the ladies.

Thanks, if I decide to se it I may ask $300 or exchange for imbuing service or shoe making

Worth $75 to me. You deliver it.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

$76, and not a penny more. [rofl]

I did a little more advanced searching - Sorting closed auctions by number of bids, highest to lowest, I was able to filter out the zero bid auctions.
Of those, one had a scope and sold for quite a bit above the average so I removed it from the results.
The average turns out to be $297.40.
Note that the majority of opening bid or Buy It Now prices seem to be well over $300 and those all go unsold. A a few unsold reserve price or very short auctions started slightly lower than the average and garnered no bids.

Back
Top Bottom