• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

To sell or not to sell

flippedr6

NES Member
Well I'm stuck I have been going back and forth with this. I have a Gen 3 Glock 23c that I bought when I lived in GA. The gun shoots good, goes bang every time I have pulled the trigger. But its a Glock it has no soul I don't find myself saying oh man I can never get ride of this gun like I do with my 1911. Right now it is my daily carry I could use my 5" 1911 but it's a little larger than I would like. So do I sell it and get a 3" 1911 or keep it?

I would love to get a 3" 1911 but don't want to put all my eggs in the 1911 basket. I like the Sig 239 except the fact it is a single stack (ya I know 1911 is a single stack). Not a big fan of all the mouse guns I'm truly torn on what to do. So what say the NES brain trust?

Just remember once you sell it, you will have to pay through the nose for another, and the C models are pretty rare around these parts

Just remember once you sell it, you will have to pay through the nose for another, and the C models are pretty rare around these parts

Not really- they're rare everywhere because the C's are the bastard children of the Glock product line. I spend a lot of time in shops outside of MA and you don't see them much elsewhere, either. (For example I was at MFL today and I think I saw maybe 2 C models out of that entire gigantic Glock case they have in their store. )

-Mike

Last edited:
Why is that? I know you can buy them used all day long but i thought the gen3 models where "rare" in MA with all the bs the AG's have st in place.

Maybe... but out of all the Glocks, the .40s are the easiest to get in MA because .40 S+W kinda sucks. (People dump .40s, on average, a lot faster than the other calibers). There are also tons of LE trade in pre-98's chambered in .40 floating around, so 22/23/27s are all relatively easy to come by because of that alone. The C's are "rare" but IMO they don't command a premium unless you find that one weirdo/collector that happens to be salivating for a C model Glock. For everyone else they're just a gun that isn't allowed in a lot of shooting sports because it's compensated and pushes the gun into a class that it suddenly is not competitive in. (It's probably not allowed in IDPA at all, and in USPSA it definitely isn't production "legal". A lot of steel shooting sports would probably force that gun into competing in "open" class, at least with the ported barrel installed. )

-Mike

I think the comment of .40 being worth less is partially a running joke that one member here eddie DESPISES .40 cal. rounds, and has a hint of truth since a lot of police dept's have swapped to .45 from the .40 caliber round and that left a lot of pre 98 glock 22's out there and some 23's. However the third gen's will sell for a premium, the only thing you need to worry about arete mags... a lot of folks want to be sure that their mags are mass legal 10 rounders or able to be disinguished as pre 98 13 rounders. I have been debating selling my 3rd gen glock 23 with a lazer with two 10 rounders and 2 preban 13 rounders. I am just trying to figure a selling price. I have like 600 rounds of .40 assorted ammo to go with it.

Tater, it is "pre-1994" on the mags, not "98"
If you are selling a G23, and want to separate some parts, I would be interested in the laser, if it's a lasermax guide rod, and I would be interested in at least 1 13-rd mag.

Back
Top Bottom