• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

To Purchase or Not to Purchase

Hey All,

I was able to find a S&W M&P AR-15 at A+J Sporting Goods in Houstonic Mass. My Question or problem is, Should I go forward and purchase this Rifle, and Have it, and take my chances about having to give it up when Obama's Gun Ban comes out. Or Wait and see.

I am picking this up Saturday, and looking forward to some range time with my new purchase , I have been looking for an AR-15 since the Conn. shooting. Sorry if this bores some of you, just looking for general impute.

Thanks, and Please be Gentile.

My advice would be to get what you can now. The general thought will be, that anything owned will be 'grandfathered' into any future bans. The idea of a confiscation, or voluntary buyback is antithetical to our belief system, and highly unlikely.

Hi Guys, Yea I am still going to purchase this AR, the hard part was convincing my wife i needed a rifle for the range and It's good to have one. As far as Price,, they have it at S&W suggested Retail, not getting porked, will get a sight for it later when the crazy's are done.

Thanks for your help, and imput . Now I have to let Wife know I need to join a range to shoot my new Investment! Keep you posted.

Hi Guys, Yea I am still going to purchase this AR, the hard part was convincing my wife i needed a rifle for the range and It's good to have one. As far as Price,, they have it at S&W suggested Retail, not getting porked, will get a sight for it later when the crazy's are done.

Thanks for your help, and imput . Now I have to let Wife know I need to join a range to shoot my new Investment! Keep you posted.

they always cut me a better price for cash

I use my wife's logic(I always bring her to the shop with me now): If you want it, and plan to buy it, why wait?

My current thinking for anyone is:

1. If you were going to buy it anyway, and have the money: Buy it now.
2. If you were thinking about buying it, and have the money, and the price is fair: Buy it now.
3. If you are speculating that these will soon be unavailable, and either the price is high or you don't have the money: Don't buy it.
4. If you really don't want it, or the price is high, or you don't have the money, or your wife will put arsenic in your marmalade: Don't buy it.

If I found a Windham WW15 selling for 'regular' price, I would most likely buy it in a heartbeat, but I'm not going to flip out, go on a mad hunt, or pay some ridiculous price for it. In the meantime, I will ironically defend freedom with an AK.

If you had posted this a year ago, I would have suggested you buy it. The suggestion is the same today. The more ARs that are out there, the less likely it is that any BS gun control legislation would gain any ground.

Buy it and don't look back! Even if you decide it's not for you, or that you can't really afford it, chances are excellent that you will not only get your money back, but might even make some bucks on it with the way the prices are going full retard lately. Can't lose inmo, unless they pass some crazy legislation making it illegal to transfer the grandfathered ones, which would be very unlikely.

If the price isn't too retarded, and you WANT it, buy it. If it's way over what it cost before the hysteria, then let someone else get hosed. If you're buying it "just because" I'd roll the dice and wait for the prices to get less retarded. It's not like there is much ammo around to buy for it anyways.

-Mike

If it's a price fair to you, why not? drgrant is right about the ammo. I bought 400rnds of .223 a couple weeks ago at a bit of a premium to "normal" pricing and I've been on the hunt for more...can't find it. And it's not worth it to me to buy at full retard prices shown on GunBroker.

Back
Top Bottom