To Glock or not to Glock~

The glock is like a bic lighter, use it until it no longer works then just buy another one.

The G26 does not have a safety, how is it to carry in a holster with a chambered round? No problems?

Rule-2.jpg

The G26 does not have a safety, how is it to carry in a holster with a chambered round? No problems?

Glock claims there are 3 safeties, I disagree, IMHO there are none except the person holding the gun.

When I got my first Glock, 1991 iirc, it took me a while to get used to carrying it loaded. When I got good leather with a thumb break I was a lot more comfortable with walking around with 1 in the pipe. Every holster I have for my Glocks has a thumb break

It's as safe as you are. As long as you have trigger finger discipline and a holster that isn't a POS, it is trivial to carry one safely.

-Mike

About the snap cap idea, I must admit unless im carry for the whole day i carry cond 3. Most of the time because i cant bring the gun onto work property

I use the trigger when its locked in the back position to indicate loaded chamber status, granted before i do anything i lock the slide back and visually see the chamber for breakdowns.

About the snap cap idea, I must admit unless im carry for the whole day i carry cond 3. Most of the time because i cant bring the gun onto work property

I use the trigger when its locked in the back position to indicate loaded chamber status, granted before i do anything i lock the slide back and visually see the chamber for breakdowns.

Um, what?

LOL, Tballs.....

I was told it is pefect. I never really wanted a Glock until I was called today. I figured if the price was right I would do it. Just because....There is also a G27 and a G30 with a laser sight available, but I want to stay in the same caliber. I think my friend is interested in the G27.

30 is a nice round number. [grin]
I carried one before I put a G36 slide on it. So now I carry, 30 + 36= G66 [smile]

Sorry i was texting and driving lol. So i could give a full post of my thoughts.

Basically snap cap condition 1 vs no snap cap condition 3. Is there a big difference?

Last edited:
I carry a G26 in a Crossbreed Supertuck daily. When I am having a fat day, it makes my pants snug, but most days I forget I am carrying it. I would say that it is the biggest pistol that is actually comfortable to CC. As has been said, buy it and if you don't like it, you can resell here and have your money back in a day or 2.

As to safely carrying with a chambered round, I have done it with Glocks daily for the past 7 years and (knock on wood) never had an ND. Good holster that covers the trigger is a must. Don't buy a $500 gun and a $10 holster!! The Glock will not fire unless you pull the trigger. Bump it, drop it, throw it against the wall, it won't fire unless the trigger is pulled.

Last edited:
Sorry i was texting and driving lol. So i could give a full post of my thoughts.

Basically snap cap condition 1 vs no snap cap condition 3. Is there a big difference?

No difference. They're both horrible. For the love of god, don't do the snap cap thing.

Glock claims there are 3 safeties, I disagree, IMHO there are none except the person holding the gun.

That misses the point of the design. The three Glock safeties are to prevent the gun from firing when the trigger hasn't been pulled, or when the gun has been dropped.

That misses the point of the design. The three Glock safeties are to prevent the gun from firing when the trigger hasn't been pulled, or when the gun has been dropped.

That's good to know. I'm very trigger conscious and have good trigger discipline so I'm not worried about unintentionally pulling it.

This is bad for a whole number of reasons, IMO. I'd just leave the gun at home if I couldn't carry it with a round in the pipe. You're better off with a rock in your pocket.... unless you train heavily with C3, the gun is pretty much a paperweight. (And even if you do train heavily with that method, like the israelis do, you're still at a big disadvantage if you ever have to use the thing. )

ETA: Oh no, we're going there again... [rofl]

-Mike

I carry a G26 in a Crossbreed Supertuck daily. When I am having a fat day, it makes my pants snug, but most days I forget I am carrying it. I would say that it is the biggest pistol that is actually comfortable to CC. As has been said, buy it and if you don't like it, you can resell here and have your money back in a day or 2.

As to safely carrying with a chambered round, I have done it with Glocks daily for the past 7 years and (knock on wood) never had an ND. Good holster that covers the trigger is a must. Don't buy a $500 gun and a $10 holster!! The Glock will not fire unless you pull the trigger. Bump it, drop it, throw it against the wall, it won't fire unless the trigger is pulled.

This is good advice.

If anyone is feeling wonky about carrying a Glock or any other gun with a round in the pipe, upgrade your holster and most of that will go away. One will understand this better when they get a better holster.

That said I carried a G19 in a $7 holster (an Uncle Mikes Sidekick) for like 2+ years. It worked but I would never go back to that ever again if I had a choice in the matter. [laugh]

-Mike

fixed sights and a 5.5 pound trigger pull?

blue label is PD stuff correct?

Last edited:
Thanks Glock I figured the 5.5 was trigger pull, wasn't sure about the other stuff. Am I correct in the manufacture date of May 09? Is $500 still a good price? Trijicon sites and Bianchi holster.

Thanks Glock I figured the 5.5 was trigger pull, wasn't sure about the other stuff. Am I correct in the manufacture date of May 09? Is $500 still a good price? Trijicon sites and Bianchi holster.

According to Glock Talk, you are correct with the date of mfg. and $500 is a good price.

Uggh yes no maybe so - I bet by the time you get around to trying to make the purchase its sold already...

Back
Top Bottom