• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

To Glock or not to Glock~

I have the serial number NFU 8xx. I googled serial numbers and found this site

http://www.flarms.com/forums/showthread.php?113-Glock-Serial-Numbers/page2&

and found this listing

NFU - G-26 - May 2009 - - White Label FXD 5.5LB

So this is made in May 2009. What Gen would this be and what does "White Label FXD 5.5LB" mean?

Thanks in advance

It means it came with fixed sights (likely added at Smyrna, as the G26 is imported with adjustables) it is definitely a 3rd gen, with the standard Glock 5.5 lb trigger.

White label is the label on the box the gun came in. Doesn't really mean much other than the target market for the gun. I think they have moved to "blue" and "red" labels now.

-Mike

Uggh yes no maybe so - I bet by the time you get around to trying to make the purchase its sold already...

If he has been hemming and hawing on it for this long the seller has probably moved on, unless he knows the seller personally or something.

-Mike

If he has been hemming and hawing on it for this long the seller has probably moved on, unless he knows the seller personally or something.

-Mike

wish I knew the seller too hehe... I want another 17 or a 19 though but I would have most likely just went ahead and grabbed it anyhow.

The seller is my wifes uncle and is holding it for me. I left on a trip on Wed and won't be home until late tomorrow night. Hopefully will get it Sat, that is about the only free day I will have for another week. I am just trying to collect as much info on it as possible.

Thanks for the info Mike.

The seller is my wifes uncle and is holding it for me. I left on a trip on Wed and won't be home until late tomorrow night. Hopefully will get it Sat, that is about the only free day I will have for another week. I am just trying to collect as much info on it as possible.

Thanks for the info Mike.

I was just busting your chops my friend. I am jealous of your find. Enjoy it!

I glocked! [smile]

It looks brand new! I am wearing it now with the Bianchi holster and a T shirt. So far its comfy.

Just out of curiousity, I have a friend who's dad is a retired MSP LT. He thinks that his dad, being a LEO, can buy a new Glock then legally sell it to him. My question is what do you think a new G26 would cost in Mass buying one this way. I know Bass Pro has them for $600, obviousy not in this state. I was wondering what the Mass Ban markup would be?

The LT would have to buy it from an FFL, who would probably just charge him MSRP. The Mass Glock "tax" is only "applied" on FTFs (supply and demand...) I'm not sure on the rules for how quickly he can sell it to non-LEO to avoid looking like a straw-purchase.

Thanks Guys. I do know that the LEO did just buy himself one. I think the plan would be to wait before he sells it to him. What would be a good waiting period?

Also I remember reading here that you can use +P ammo? I quickly read thru the manual and will read it better, later when I have time but I could see anything in the maual about +P.

Simple solution:

Your going to borrow the gun for six months , since technically there is no time limit on borrowing a firearm. Give him a gift and tell him to think real hard if he needs that gun.

I did notice that.....

It keeps hitting you in the head with brass? This was a Gen4 only problem, but there could be other reasons 3rd gens are afflicted with it, too. My Gen4G17 was really bad, once every 3 shots I'd get beaned in the forehead.

-Mike

I havent had any hit me in the head, but I have noticed that they tend to eject over my right shoulder more than my M&P 9. I will pay more attention to it next time I shoot.

I was having a discussion with the seller about hi cap mags. It's my contention that since I have a pre-ban Glock, that I can go out and find a pre-ban mag, mate them and be legal. His point is that the mag must have come with the gun at time of new purchase. Who is right?

I was having a discussion with the seller about hi cap mags. It's my contention that since I have a pre-ban Glock, that I can go out and find a pre-ban mag, mate them and be legal. His point is that the mag must have come with the gun at time of new purchase. Who is right?

He is FOS, you are correct. There's noting in the law that ties guns to mags or any of that crap.

ETA: BTW, there is no such thing as a "pre ban Glock". Maybe your gun is pre 10/98 or something, but that isn't a ban.

-Mike

Thanks Mike. I know they don't date the mags but does this make sense...

I found this link from GOAL

http://www.goal.org/Documents/law_faq_pdfs/awtimeline.pdf

2004 (and after): Federal ban
expires and gun manufacturers
begin making large capacity
magazines and “assault weapons”
again. These may NOT be
possessed in the Commonwealth,
except for law enforcement and
retired law enforcement.

Is there a difference in appearance between a G26 hi cap mag produced before 1998 and one that is produced after 1998? I'm going to Scottsdale and may pick one up if you can't tell when they were made.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for the link.

On a G26 there isn't much sleep to be lost as normally the mags only hold 10 rounds, unless you have one of the mags that has the +2 basepad on it, which Glock appeared to produce as a factory item years ago.

-Mike

ok, I won't bother then. I was thinking of a larger mag, just to have. But I will just stick with my 2 10 rounders.

Back
Top Bottom