• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

To Glock or not to Glock~

I have a chance at a G26. This comes with case, manuals, 2 mags, speed loader, Bianchi leather holster and Trijicon night sights. Don't know the gen and I haven't seen it yet but I'm told that its like new. Asking $500. I have a S & W M&P 9mm so would like to stay in the same caliber.

Last edited:
That's a good price if the Glock is in good condition. If you don't like it, you can always sell it with no problem. I have both, and I hate the grip on the Glock. Love everything else, though.

I was skeptical, too, but after a few weeks of carrying and shooting my G27 I'm thinking of getting a bigger model as my next handgun - just because I like the baby Glock so much. It's ugly, it's not particularly comfortable to shoot, and the slide is awkwardly long for the frame. But the controls are where I like them (being a Sig fan - I like just bumping that mag release with my thumb), it points instinctively and hits POA consistently, it always goes bang, and I'm pretty sure I could throw it off a bridge, pick it up, and empty the mag with no problems.

Oh, I also have a BG380! It disappears in my Crossbreed minituck. I got the G26 to get a step up in power over the .380, but I don't have a Crossbreed for it yet, so I can't do a fair comparison on CCW. The G26 shoots great, but I just can't get a good comfortable grip. The backstrap hump is awkward in my hand. The Gen4 Glocks have adjustable backstraps (I have Gen3) but aquiring one in Ma can be a chore.

I'd pick it up. I just got a MA compliant 27 from Summit for 389, a little tired it is, but it's at Glock now getting a going through. Like the baby Glock a lot, shot it quite a bit before it went down to to factory. Yeah, that's a decent deal in MA for one in good condition.

Doo%20it.gif

Kind of sounds like my BG380, not very fun to shoot but conceals very nicely. Do you think that is a good price?

LOL, Tballs.....

I was told it is pefect. I never really wanted a Glock until I was called today. I figured if the price was right I would do it. Just because....There is also a G27 and a G30 with a laser sight available, but I want to stay in the same caliber. I think my friend is interested in the G27.

I would go for the G30 but I dont want to pay that much for .45 ammo. I usually go to FS and buy a case or 2 of 9mm
at a whack.

I would love to see the G26 with a 30 rounder, that must look unreal!

The G26 does not have a safety, how is it to carry in a holster with a chambered round? No problems?

Same trigger safety as the M&P, G26 is a great, reliable handgun. Its by far my most carried gun, concealable, and cheap to practice with.

ETA: I have an M&P 9 also, and the glock trigger is much much better.

The G26 does not have a safety, how is it to carry in a holster with a chambered round? No problems?
I am conscious of this (versus the safeties on my 1911 and the 40-lb DAO/safety on the BG380). I just make a concerted effort to keep my booger picker off the trigger.
There is no way it's going to fire in a holster...not gonna happen with the internal Glock safety. YOU will be the only reason it fires.
-JR

ETA: I suppose there's a story somewhere of a Glock going off in a Serpa...lol.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

I had a Dave Santulli trigger job and now love shooting my M&P, but it's too big to carry.

I have a chance at a G26. This comes with case, manuals, 2 mags, speed loader, Bianchi leather holster and Trijicon night sights. Don't know the gen and I haven't seen it yet but I'm told that its like new. Asking $500. I have a S & W M&P 9mm so would like to stay in the same caliber.
Don't do it once you go glock you can never go back! Lol jk there awesome guns you'll love it! Only reason I don't own more is I refuse to pay the exorbitant ma premium on new glocks!

I own a glock 22 and a 27 gen 3. I can't speak highly enough about either firearm. IMHO the 26 and 27 makes for the perfect carry gun. For 500 you simply can't go wrong!

Not with a good holster. G26 is an awesome gun. I would like to get a G30 someday...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom