• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

To Carry or Not

Brent

NES Member
If you were planning to go to downtown Boston with some friends via the Commuter rail have lunch , goto a show and then to dinner and maybe hang out a bit more and head back home via the Commuter rail late at night, would you carry?

My only concern is the show I am going to. It is the Cirque du Soleil at Suffolks Downs. I know you cant carry at sporting events.. but this isnt a sports event.

Thoughts?

My only concern is the show I am going to. It is the Cirque du Soleil at Suffolks Downs. I know you cant carry at sporting events.. but this isnt a sports event.

Thoughts?

Really, that's news to me. Please cite the MGL that says that? [devil] [pot]

Here's a clue . . . MGL ONLY prohibits carry on school property, nothing else in the law.

Suffolk Downs as a private enterprise can forbid whatever they want and strip search you if they like (as part of their "agreement" you accept to enter their premises), but carrying there violates NO LAW. They find it and ask you to leave, do so or you could face criminal trespass charges, but it has nothing to do with a gun.

Brent on a date is a sporting event in itself -- sorta like the Red Sox most recent season...

Even if he brings a gun, he prolly won't get lucky. (bad joke, eh?)

I should resist, but I can't!

Brent, is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see your date?

Where is the venue?

Boston is only at 55+ murders so far this year and a few hundred violent attacks. Leave your gun at home, you can run faster than your date.

If you were planning to go to downtown Boston with some friends via the Commuter rail have lunch , goto a show and then to dinner and maybe hang out a bit more and head back home via the Commuter rail late at night, would you carry?
Absolutely.

C'mon now, his date isn't fat, he's just big boned.

You guys are sooooo bad![rofl]

I would carry. But, maybe I'm completely anal, but don't carry and drink. God forbid if you need to use the weapon to defend yourself, and the officers who respond smell booze, it won't look good. Guns and booze don't mix well.

Last edited:
Depends on what type of venue you're going to. I doubt they have metal detectors, and if you get patted down chances are it won't register with the minimum wagers that it's actually a firearm. They'll take one look at your sweet li'l face and think to themselves "cellphone" when there's something on your hip... [rolleyes] [laugh]

But, yeah, I'd carry.

Those are the exact reasons why I started carrying 30 years ago! And back then I only carried when I went into Boston at night or Brockton at any time.

Things have changed over the years, but not for the better! I am more cautious today than I was back then. [wink]

I decline to engage in the stupidity of attempting to divide the world into places I need to carry and places I don't need to carry. If I did, and was actually willing to bet my life on the accuracy of my division, I'd simply never go to the places I "needed" to carry. Since don't claim to be omniscient, I simply carry everywhere.

Ken

I decline to engage in the stupidity of attempting to divide the world into places I need to carry and places I don't need to carry. If I did, and was actually willing to bet my life on the accuracy of my division, I'd simply never go to the places I "needed" to carry. Since don't claim to be omniscient, I simply carry everywhere.

Ken
I did a cost benefit analysis with a close eye towards the odds. It turned out it wasn't worth the 650 a Walther p99C and holster would cost me. I am still Mr. Right to carry. I'm not sure if I am stupid but I am old enough to accept the consequences of my actions.

Dang sloth...

Last edited:

Ken

I'm with ken on this one. Since I can't predict when I will possibly be in a situation where zi will need a gun, I carry everywhere.

This statement completely confuses me. Who exactly would be confiscating this?

Gary
Who said anything about confiscation? I'd have to buy a gun I wouldn't otherwise own. Then I'd have to carry it around all the time and remember to keep it with me and have less space in my pockets for my other stuff. There is a cost to carrying, there are also benefits.

Last edited:
Who said anything about confiscation? I'd have to buy a gun I wouldn't otherwise own. Then I'd have to carry it around all the time and remember to keep it with me and have less space in my pockets for my other stuff. There is a cost to carrying, there is also benefit.

Oh, okay. I didn't catch that you would have to buy a new weapon for personal protection.

Gary

Brent, are you SERIOUSLY asking that? When was the last time you came into Boston? [rofl]

Man, you are really a country boy aren't you? [wink]

Yes! Carry. You probably won't need it but it's worth having it if you do.

Visit the Boston Police department blog to see the wonderful things we have going on around here. I would route you to the crime statistics on the Boston PD web site but, of course, they aren't available, the link is broken.

If you can legally carry, do it. You may be glad you did. And while you are in town, pay attention to what's going on around you. There's a lot of crime in this leftist hellhole, so watch yourself.

Oh...and enjoy your visit to Meninostan!!!!! [laugh]

BWAHAHAHAH!!! Well said!!! Brent's still a pretty young guy so my guess he can definitely outpace her! [rofl]

Where is the venue?

Boston is only at 55+ murders so far this year and a few hundred violent attacks. Leave your gun at home, you can run faster than your date.

BTW Brent, I second the comment about not drinking. Wait until you get home and are from the borders of Meninostan. It's best not to even take a chance on having alcohol on your breath if you do have to use your firearm.

Back
Top Bottom