To all those who knock on the .40

Run what you got - room for everyone at the range (minus the funds, no one likes a fudd)

Reloading is the best way to have what you need one hand whenever you want it.

I might grab a 40 simply because I don't have one but have several thousand cases.

I used to reload but I ain't got time for that.... I didn't really find it to be any cheaper either.... Unless you assign a 0.00 dollar value to your time.... Then maybe you save a couple of pennies per round...

I'm not sure what your point is? Is Target Sports the only place you can get ammo from? Fortunately, I listened to the wife when hillary wanted to be prez, paid 20 cents a round for my last case of 9 in february (Nathezss 1200fps fiocci), even though I initially regretted my decision, as it was money I did not need to spend. Fortunately, this years pricing has finally cured that addiction.

Last edited:
I used to reload but I ain't got time for that.... I didn't really find it to be any cheaper either.... Unless you assign a 0.00 dollar value to your time.... Then maybe you save a couple of pennies per round...

As far as my time, paid overtime at work isn't happening and I enjoy it as another hobby.
At the current prices, my <$0.15/round 45ACP pays decently over $0.60/round if you can get it.
All told with case prep, casting and loading I run about 200 rounds per hour - that's $90/hr at $0.60/round commercial. In normal times it's half that.

If you're not loading 2000 rds and getting the third 1000rd case free you're f***ing up bigly somewhere. That's more than a few pennies.

If you're not loading 2000 rds and getting the third 1000rd case free you're f***ing up bigly somewhere. That's more than a few pennies.

Right now, sure. But under normal times, when as you prior said - 9mm can be had for well under 20.00 a box.... reloading is hard to justify. Now if you enjoy it - sure. But if you're doing it to save money.... Not so much.

My experience just this morning
I am loading 9mm all in for about $10.00 per 50ct right now even with higher prices on bullets and primers and that's JHP bullets.
Re-loading is like a hobby for me and enjoyable.
Shooting various loads and recording the results is also very rewarding.

The other day I wanted to solve the mystery once and for all as to whether you could use Magnum large pistol in 45 ACP in a pinch
I loaded up 20 rounds with 5.8 gn of Unique and they shot just as well as any other 45ACP and accurate.
No indication of pressure ...

Last edited:
Right now, sure. But under normal times, when as you prior said - 9mm can be had for well under 20.00 a box.... reloading is hard to justify. Now if you enjoy it - sure. But if you're doing it to save money.... Not so much.
Not sure if serious you will always save money reloading or at least you'll get an extra thousand rounds of ammo for the same amount of money you would have spent on commercial ammo the formula virtually never changes... the only way you can argue against it is if you're not shooting sufficient enough annual volume to even get there....if you're johnny 1000 rds a yr, reloading will never make sense. On the other hand, reloading scales with volume, although for some cartridges the benefits are instantly realized.. for example pretty much any large revolver cartridge is immediate payback.....

Stupid thread. Stupid opinion. Op is a tool of the globalist left. [smile]

Run what you got - room for everyone at the range (minus the funds, no one likes a fudd)

Reloading is the best way to have what you need one hand whenever you want it.

I might grab a 40 simply because I don't have one but have several thousand cases.

Be careful.
Thats how I ended up with a S&W 610.
Once you start loading for it, you'll start looking for something to unload it with. Its a viscous cycle!

Look who is laughing now biaches...

How is that 9mm treating you right now? :p

Sorry, just looking to stir the pot.... It's not my fav either, but at least I can shoot it right now...

I love 9mm because it is treating me pretty damn good. LOL @ $0.60/round! That's bend over and take it with no lube pricing. I'm reloading 9mm for stupid cheap<$0.10-$0.11/round. I don't pay for brass, my primers were bought at less than $.03/each, usually closer to $0.02 because i buy in bulk, and my most expensive projectiles are around $0.07(Again bulk). I think each powder charge costs me slightly over $0.01(I only buy powder in 8lb jugs now unless i'm trying something new). Some learned lessons during the past stupidity. The best part is for every .40 you buy at that price i can reload about 4 to feed my AR!

I am 100% laughing now biaches!

I too stir pots. Mostly of chili and tater soup tho....

Remember gents, buy it cheap and stack it deep.

Reloading is therapy for me. It's much cheaper than going to a shrink. Not sure anyone is hiring for 3-4 hours a month anyway, which is at most what it takes to keep me loaded up.

Back
Top Bottom