• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

To all those who knock on the .40

This is the major problem with our modern society is that we've spent WAY to much time telling boys that its ok to wear a skirt. Sure Johnny you can wear a dress just like your sister. Next thing you know all these so called men running around with 9mm's and heals. What has the world come to.

This is the major problem with our modern society is that we've spent WAY to much time telling boys that its ok to wear a skirt. Sure Johnny you can wear a dress just like your sister. Next thing you know all these so called men running around with 40's and heals. What has the world come to.
FIFY.

I stocked up on 9mm when you could get a case of American Eagle at TSUSA for about 180 bucks with the Prime Membership. I shoot a lot so built up quite a bit and replaced it as I went along. Last year guys I work with were busting my balls because of how much I was buying. I told them it's not like it's going to expire and I'd rather have enough on hand before something comes along where you can't get any. I'd always check the availability and prices, and when I saw the writing on the wall early this year, I bought used reloading equipment from this forum. Stocked up on primers whenever they were available, as well as other components. Luckily I bought enough just before they really became scarce. I have enough of everything, including cans of factory ammo, that my shooting habits haven't changed.

As for price per round, as others noted, if you reload enough it's more than worth it, but even if you didn't, it's nice knowing you have everything you need to reload some ammo if you run low on factory stuff.

I used to reload but I ain't got time for that.... I didn't really find it to be any cheaper either.... Unless you assign a 0.00 dollar value to your time.... Then maybe you save a couple of pennies per round...
Because you are approaching it the wrong way and comparing it to the wrong ammo.

I will make this short. Using fairly expensive bullets (bayou) and probably the most expensive powder (VV), I can still be a few dollars under the cheapest aluminum and steel cased ammo.

Even though the dollar difference is not great when comparing it as just ammo, you have to take into account that:

1. I can reload rounds that you can't find anywhere else.
2. My ammo is match grade.
3. My ammo is tailored to my gun and the sport I am shooting.
4. I can experiment.
5. I am not tied to the market supply (except for primers).

Match ammo is a lot more expensive than my reloads and it still isn't tailored to my gun and I still depend on some dude producing it.

Last edited:
I like .40. It is as effective as .45 ACP but with higher mag capacity (which may not matter to prisoners of Maura), and is easier to shoot a lot of than 10mm.

I get my 9mm for free when I buy a case of FORTY SMITH & WESSON...
I don't have to join the Dallas buyers club to get forty. with the 40 snobs turning up their noses at it, my 40 pantry is full in case I need it when time really get tough.

I don't have to join the Dallas buyers club to get forty. with the 40 snobs turning up their noses at it, my 40 pantry is full in case I need it when time really get tough.
Why did I read this line replacing 'pantry' with 'panties'...?

On the flip side of that coin, the fact that it's still in stock when everything else is gone speaks volumes. Even in a pandemic, no one likes .40. I'm picturing a scene in a zombie movie where the survivors find a gun store, but leave empty handed because it only had .40 guns left. (I joke, of course).

This is the major problem with our modern society is that we've spent WAY to much time telling boys that its ok to wear a skirt. Sure Johnny you can wear a dress just like your sister. Next thing you know all these so called men running around with 9mm's and heals. What has the world come to.
73344_055_01v.jpg

As featured in the Tactical Gear Thread: Lets see your Body Armor, BOB, Vests, Warbelts, IFAK Kits, etc. thread

I stocked up on 9mm when you could get a case of American Eagle at TSUSA for about 180 bucks with the Prime Membership. I shoot a lot so built up quite a bit and replaced it as I went along. Last year guys I work with were busting my balls because of how much I was buying. I told them it's not like it's going to expire and I'd rather have enough on hand before something comes along where you can't get any. I'd always check the availability and prices, and when I saw the writing on the wall early this year, I bought used reloading equipment from this forum. Stocked up on primers whenever they were available, as well as other components. Luckily I bought enough just before they really became scarce. I have enough of everything, including cans of factory ammo, that my shooting habits haven't changed.

As for price per round, as others noted, if you reload enough it's more than worth it, but even if you didn't, it's nice knowing you have everything you need to reload some ammo if you run low on factory stuff.
Wicked smart!!! [thumbsup]

We were the greatest country in the world when all we used was standard. Why. Because its the standard that's why. We made the best cars in the world when they were built with nothing but 9/16th and 5/8th. That's why 40 is so awesome because its American. What size wrench do you need? A half inch. I mean what what's a 9mm? Stupid that what it is. When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor we kicked there ass. Why. Because they used the metric system. And 9mm. the metric system is stupid. 40 is just a more efficient 45 that all.

We were the greatest country in the world when all we used was standard. Why. Because its the standard that's why. We made the best cars in the world when they were built with nothing but 9/16th and 5/8th. That's why 40 is so awesome because its American. What size wrench do you need? A half inch. I mean what what's a 9mm? Stupid that what it is. When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor we kicked there ass. Why. Because they used the metric system. And 9mm. the metric system is stupid. 40 is just a more efficient 45 that all.

Fantastic Animal House reference.
+ 10 points to you

On the flip side of that coin, the fact that it's still in stock when everything else is gone speaks volumes. Even in a pandemic, no one likes .40. I'm picturing a scene in a zombie movie where the survivors find a gun store, but leave empty handed because it only had .40 guns left. (I joke, of course).

SOME - .40 pistols still sell as long as they're within a certain wheelhouse. (Think, Glock 23, etc.) At least right now they do. I wouldn't want to be sitting on a pile of .40s as a dealer during a slump, though.

Back
Top Bottom