• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tiverton rod and gun

I live in Tiverton and am thinking of joining just wondering what other people's experiences are and what they thought of it. Thanks in advance!

I just joined this year. TRGC offers a wide variety of activities and is doing some serious facility upgrades. The outdoor range (25-200 yds) is a first-rate facility with a "no blue sky" series of baffles to prevent projectiles from leaving the range. The indoor range is being upgraded with new booths and target trolleys. The club hasn't yet decided whether to continue to upgrade the indoor range with HEPA filtration or to build a completely new building (transferring the present upgrades). Archery, trap and black powder are very popular and the club property can be used by members for bow hunting. The kitchen in the clubhouse is often open and serves good food at a reasonable price. I just did the RI DEM bow hunting safety course there on Saturday, and had a delicious lunch during our break.

Members appear to be the usual cross-section of society, and are usually very friendly and helpful. My experience to date has been positive.

Give it a try! TRGC is one of the few clubs in RI actively seeking new members.

Back
Top Bottom