• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tisei takes anti-2A stance

I love how they couldnt get the Libertarian candidate in.

Some of you on this forum have the patience of children.

I found out about this today when I made the OP.

Spent most of the afternoon on the phone as we are short 2 people and it was incessantly ringing, in case you guys forgot it's election season and we get kind of busy during those times.

After I cross referenced the NRA page I updated ours, this was after I got home and fed my kids, I hope it's OK that I made sure they were fed first.

Thanks to those of you on here for the support, to those who once again chose to take an opportunity to rank on GOAL, I invite you to come spend a day at the office, send me a PM to set up a time.

So you guys are going to give Tisei a "F," right?

Tierney has an F, Tisei has D.

They both should have an F IMHO.

Brown should have an F as well. He has spoken out against 2A numerous times. Romney should be an F too.

This is why the NRA has jumped the shark, and I will never support them again. They're a joke.

I don't even live in NH, and look at the **** show they created up there.

Can someone explain - in a serious manner, please - where all this renewed AWB talk is coming from? The thing didn't affect crime the first time, crime didn't skyrocket when it was lifted, but all of a sudden I am hearing talk of it all over the place. WTF? Why, all of a sudden, nearly ten years after the last bill expired, are we seeing a push for a new one?

I assume this is all just knee-jerk reactionary foolishness relating to the few high profile shootings in the last year?

The reason the pols are talking about an AWB is simple. It is what their constituents want to hear. A politicians job is to promote policy that the majority of those he represents agree with. Well, the majority of people are stupid and there are several key phrases that they will support without really understanding what they mean. AWB is one of them. Green energy, tax the rich, no child left behind, pro choice and recycling are all phrases that the masses think they understand, but don't bother to do the research on.

Try and tell people that all of those pink bottles that they buy to help end breast cancer are BS marketing ploys and they think you are evil. Tell people that the fuel they burn recycling plastic bottles is way more petroleum than goes into the bottles and you are nuts. Try to show a tree hugger that when the lumber industry cuts down a tree, they plant two. and they think you lie.

The problem is as much with the general population as with the politicians. The root of the problem is the majority, because you can bet the ranch that if 75% of the people in their district wanted to make machineguns available at the local 7-11, a politician would swear he agrees with them to get votes.

So why all the renewed talk of an Assault Weapons Ban? Because the people want to hear it. It is like welfare reform. It will never really happen, but the voters love to hear someone say it will.

If you want to change gun laws you have to change the way the public thinks, not the politicians. Politicians will say what they think the voters want to hear.

I am tired, I work hard, have a family that has to deal with looking at and listining to the cheats, scamartists and S-bags robbing us blind everytime we go to the store and see the crap with EBT, welfare and not to mention the secion 8 that are now on my street that are either stoned or drunk usually both by midday up all night and still having a ball as my butt is off to work. as we bust butt to make ends meet my wife stuggles to make night school for nursing to help out and have a career and as I am a soldier my $ is decent but just make it, as I and rush home to care for our 9 month old daughter, dont take handouts and as the addage goes "speak english, obey the law and honest work for honest pay" and THEN finally when there is a small light that maybe a politician who I finally start to belive maybe have hope that were not SOL they bend over "no pun intended Tiesi" to the moonbats in this state. sorry all a little more than a simple AWB statement, but after reading it just boiled my blood if they (he) will break on a minor thing as AWB what else will they (he) find a new belief in? finally fed up with the hacks in the state at least the (r)'s always been fed up with the (d)'s where are the (I)'s haha. thank you all.

Last edited:
Playing devil's advocate for a minute, how is GOAL supposed to know that he was going to flip-flop months after he filled out their questionnaire? How they deal with this new information now that they have it is the question.

You rate someone on their actions... not what they had someone else write on paper

Looks like I'll be refraining from voting in yet another race.

My ballot is going to have a lot of blanks on it this time around.

there is a Libertarian guy running if you makes you feel better, but i dont think you live in the part of the state where its relevant to you.

Back
Top Bottom