• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tired of Value Paks, Brownells Rolls Out The Barrels, Barrels of AMMO!

commodon

NES Member
How long will 12,500 rounds last you?
Federal-Lake-City-5.56mm-NATO-XM855-Bulk-Barrel-768x520.jpg

Filled to the brim with either 12,500 rounds of XM855 5.56mm NATO (see photo above), or 7,500 rounds of XM80 7.62X51 NATO ammunition, the metal Bulk Barrels are painted an attractive, eye-catching shade of yellow and sport a patriotic image of a majestic American bald eagle soaring on outstretched wings, its talons fully extended.

Too enormous to serve as stocking stuffers, the barrels make ideal pickup-truck bed stuffers, and allow customers to give the gift of Freedom in bulk to friends and loved ones.

Perfect for use in AR-15-style firearms – often referred to as “America’s Rifle” – the 12,500- round barrel of 5.56 can fill 416 standard-capacity, 30-round magazines all the way up to the very tip top, with 20 rounds still left over.

For shooters who enjoy 30-caliber-power, the 7,500-round barrel of XM80 7.62X51 can jam- pack 375 standard-capacity 20-round magazines for full-size battle rifles like the M14, G3 or FAL – also known as the “Right Arm of the Free World.

From Tired of Value Paks, Brownells Rolls Out The Barrels, Barrels of AMMO!

Group buy! Probably get it cheaper if we buy bulk barrels.
If we can get the .308 to 50¢ & the .223 to 25¢ I'm in for two barrels of each.
Maybe they'll do a Rim Fire barrel too. Should be around 40,000 rounds, I'll take at least two of those.

Last edited:
How much you think that bad Larry weighs?

354 lbs and it's out of stock already...

"Shipping - if over 200 lbs it will need to be shipped by truck. We will call you to approve that cost after it is calculated using your zip code. Under 200 lbs can ship FedEx or UPS ground for $9.95. This weighs 354 lbs it will need to ship by truck and will cost the have to be calulated for the shipping. Unfortunately, this is not covered under any promo, such as those for free shipping or Edge program."

https://www.brownells.com/ammunitio...KK_5xzzx56+mm+NATO&avs|Manufacturer_1=federal

I you guys seriously want to do a Group Buy, I'll receive them. I've got 8 forklifts from 6,000lb up too 15,500lb. You'd have to come get them pronto, but I could stash them away for a few days, no more. But if that's their best price, I'll stick with Target Sports.

This does not seem practical.

It would be better to get them in bulk but inside ammo cans.

Ammo cans can be more easily moves and fit into tighter spaces.

Also, the round count can be more easily accounted for.

Not practical at all,I think everybody is focused on the drum and its eliminating common sense and logic.

For $4k I can get a Dilon 1050, a sailboat keel, a truckload of powder, enough brass and primers to make the UPS guy hate me, micrometers, scales, gauges, a Glock 19 w/ 4 preban mags, and still have enough money left over for a box of Rocky Patel Connecticut 1999 vintage.

If we can get the .308 to 50¢ & the .223 to 25¢ I'm in for two barrels of each.
Maybe they'll do a Rim Fire barrel too. Should be around 40,000 rounds, I'll take at least two of those.

22lr will be a lot
Even .22 LR?
IIRC "with out permit " you can store up to 10k rimfire , 10k center fire and 5k shotshell . 9999 primers, 16lbs of smokeless and 2lb black powder.
With a Permit , 30k rimfire, 50k center fire , 50k shotshell, 9999 primers....while not exceeding 100,000 rounds total.
Powder is up to 47lbs and black powder is up to 5lbs.

After that you need a license.

Also note unless its written somewhere else , empty cases are ammo in massachusetts. So the powers to be can write you up for exceeding limits counting empties.
Im not sure what the penalties are for violating these "regulations" but as we know ",they" can make up shit to fit their end goal.

Last edited:
Even .22 LR?

From Massachusetts Ammo and Component Storage Regulations - MassReloading

MA Ammo and Component Storage Regulations

A Massachusetts resident must have a valid firearms license to possess ammunition. There's a twist... Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 140 Section 122 defines ammunition as:

"cartridges or cartridge cases, primers (igniter), bullets or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm, rifle or shotgun"

In other words, you must have a firearms license to even possess an ammunition component.

As hard as this is to believe, the Commonwealth also regulates the quantity of ammunition and components that you may store in your home. 527 CMR 1.00: MASSACHUSETTS COMPREHENSIVE FIRE SAFETY CODE regulates the amount of ammunition and components you are allowed to possess.

Without a special permit, you can store:
  • Not more than 10,000 rounds of rimfire ammunition
  • Not more than 10,000 rounds of centerfire rifle/pistol ammunition
  • Not more than 5,000 rounds of shotgun ammunition
  • Not more than 9999 primers
  • Up to (but less than) 16 pounds of smokeless powder
  • Up to (but less than) 2 pounds of black powder
527 CMR 1.00 also stipulates that an ammunition storage permit can be obtained from the head of the local fire department.

With a storage permit, you can store:
  • Up to 30,000 rounds of rimfire ammunition*
  • Up to 50,000 rounds of centerfire rifle/pistol ammunition*
  • Up to 50,000 rounds of shotgun ammunition*
  • Not more than 9999 primers
  • Not more than 47 pounds of smokeless powder
  • Not more than 5 pounds of black powder
* Total of all ammunition cannot exceed 100,000 rounds

Here's a tip: Before you make a trip to the local fire department to get an ammo storage permit, download a copy of 527 CMR 1.00 and print pages 49 and 50. It's possible that the fire chief may not be familiar with it.

Back
Top Bottom