• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tips on getting unrestricted LTC in boston?

Also known as "LTC AIDS". Worse yet the old hack of moving out of state won't even kill aids either. The last 3 people I know that moved out, their shit is still marked live in the system despite ratting themselves out to eops/police when they moved.
Your numbers are off. My Wife and my LTCs are still valid in the system, with notifications done last Summer and my NR LTC is also active. The only reason my MG license is no longer valid is because it expired since I moved . . . and FRB dutifully sent me a renewal notice for my MG license to my NH address.
Sorry by “it” I meant apartment not LTC.

So

And if you can afford $1800 for this, rent a cheap $450/month pad in a green town for a few months, get your LTC and close down your green town apartment, notifying BPD of your move to Boston.
Good luck finding any "pad" anywhere in MA for $450/month, more like $1450 if you are lucky. $450 might get you a used refrigerator box, if you are lucky and on town property.

Your numbers are off. My Wife and my LTCs are still valid in the system, with notifications done last Summer and my NR LTC is also active. The only reason my MG license is no longer valid is because it expired since I moved . . . and FRB dutifully sent me a renewal notice for my MG license to my NH address.

I’ve never looked, but can a NR have a MA MG license? If not, is it an effective ban on a NR from crossing into MA with MGs, even with an approved 5320.20?

I’ve never looked, but can a NR have a MA MG license? If not, is it an effective ban on a NR from crossing into MA with MGs, even with an approved 5320.20?
MGL has no provision for issuing a NR MG license, so it would be illegal for any NR person to bring a MG into MA for any purpose.

Len - where in the law is the limitation to residents found:

Ch 140, section 131(o):

No person shall be issued a license to carry or possess a machine gun in the commonwealth, except that a licensing authority or the colonel of state police may issue a machine gun license to:

(i) a firearm instructor certified by the municipal police training committee for the sole purpose of firearm instruction to police personnel;

(ii) a bona fide collector of firearms upon application or upon application for renewal of such license.

Clauses (i) and (ii) of this paragraph shall not apply to bump stocks and trigger cranks.

After the Westfield incident "They" decided that no one could even touch a MG in Mass without the green card even if it was not their gun. That leaves out non-res and those under 21. Don't know if it's a law or AG bullshit. Len? Jack.

MGL has no provision for issuing a NR MG license, so it would be illegal for any NR person to bring a MG into MA for any purpose.
lol like @Rob Boudrie says there’s nothing to stop an IA from issuing one. I think I know at least one NH resident who has an MA 07 FFL who has one (issued by the town his business is in) i’ll have to ask him.

lol like @Rob Boudrie says there’s nothing to stop an IA from issuing one. I think I know at least one NH resident who has an MA 07 FFL who has one (issued by the town his business is in) i’ll have to ask him.
Those are issued as resident LTCs, issued because he owns a business in MA.
Will EOPS not generate the license? thats where the reality lies
I believe that would be exactly the case. FRB takes their marching orders from EOPS mgmt and AG's office.

I got my restrictions lifted about 6yrs ago when I was living in Boston by going down the instructor route. The instructor class was actually pretty interesting and I ended up teaching a few folks, including friends and family, which was convenient.

As soon as I got the cert I emailed the licensing guy (Lt Det John McDonough back then, not sure if he's still doing it) with a copy of my cert and a letter basically saying that I'd be carrying guns to publicly advertised class locations and would like to be able to keep them from falling into the wrong hands. Shortly after that I had my new LTC in the mail. Carried to work in Downtown Crossing every single day after that.

That said, a better choice is to just move out of that dump city.

After the Westfield incident "They" decided that no one could even touch a MG in Mass without the green card even if it was not their gun. That leaves out non-res and those under 21. Don't know if it's a law or AG bullshit. Len? Jack.
This is because the MGL exempting temporary holding of a firearm*, rifle or shotgun for instructional purposes under the supervision of an LTC holder does not include MGs. It not the presence of a specific prohibition on MGs but a lack of an exemption to the requirement for an FID or LTC to possess any gun. Prior to the Westfield incident, common sense was applied.

* - MA legal definition, not the plain English one.

This is because the MGL exempting temporary holding of a firearm*, rifle or shotgun for instructional purposes under the supervision of an LTC holder does not include MGs. It not the presence of a specific prohibition on MGs but a lack of an exemption to the requirement for an FID or LTC to possess any gun. ...
A wallhack that comes to mind is similar to the ham license exemption.

Anyone can run a ham rig as long as a licensee is close enough to the Control Point
to rip the transmitter off the air in the event of imminent Evil Emissions.
(Ironically, @one-eyed Jack probably digs this the most).

If the MG owner/licensee keeps a hand on it at all times,
is it still in their "possession"?

A wallhack that comes to mind is similar to the ham license exemption.

Anyone can run a ham rig as long as a licensee is close enough to the Control Point
to rip the transmitter off the air in the event of imminent Evil Emissions.
(Ironically, @one-eyed Jack probably digs this the most).

If the MG owner/licensee keeps a hand on it at all times,
is it still in their "possession"?
According to the AG, merely touching a MG on the wall of a gun shop with one finger is "possession" and subject to a life sentence in prison. That's MA for you.

This is because the MGL exempting temporary holding of a firearm*, rifle or shotgun for instructional purposes under the supervision of an LTC holder does not include MGs. It not the presence of a specific prohibition on MGs but a lack of an exemption to the requirement for an FID or LTC to possess any gun. Prior to the Westfield incident, common sense was applied.

* - MA legal definition, not the plain English one.
Yet when they tried to prosecute people via that "interpretation" with Westfield, it didn't actually work.....

IMHO the AG bullshit with MGs is "we want it to be this way" but the reality is it fails a reasonable person test. Everyone shits their pants tho regardless, because MA. Not that it matters much anyways. I think the end around attack was that it killed "public" MG shoots in MA and thats all they really cared about.

There’s a TON of vendors who ship ammo to MA and you don’t need a FFL. Just need a LTC. So forget that “benefit” as it’s not needed to buy ammo online in MA
Ok, besides targetsports.. who else? Im not real happy with their selection. was looking for 556 soft points and they really didnt have jack.

EDIT: someone was kind enough to send me a pile of links, Im good thanks guys

Last edited:
I had some issues with brookline PD many years ago that I will never forget.
The town that pushes this kind of management is not a town I want to do any business in. Wasnt too thrilled with some of the officers either, but the problem is really at the top.

The whole town of Brookline has issues.
6c3wvs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom