TIPS FOR PERSONAL SAFTEY via the Boston PD

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
(for the humor impaired: the first requires a $25 license, the second is illegal, the third requires a license that you won't get if you live in Boston unless you're a rock star or a millionaire, and the fourth is also illegal... as are slingshots. [rolleyes] )
[rofl] That was gold Ross!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
they seem to have left off three choices:

* Carry pepper spray

* Carry a knife

* Carry a .45

I suppose you could also carry a collapsible baton, too... Wonder why they left those off??

(for the humor impaired: the first requires a $25 license, the second is illegal, the third requires a license that you won't get if you live in Boston unless you're a rock star or a millionaire, and the fourth is also illegal... as are slingshots. [rolleyes] )
Knife carry isn't illegal, AFAIK. Although I'm surprised you don't have to pay a $100 tax for a license to do that as well.[rolleyes]

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
* Carry pepper spray
When I was first applying for my LTC in Medford, and they simply shook thier heads when I asked for an ALP they talked to the high-heavens about pepper-spray being the bees knees.

Of course I've heard far more stories of BGs who were unphazed by the spray, and the PD never mentions pepper spray as an option?

Are they affraid there might be a call to just make it legal to purchass to people over 18 like everybody else?

and how the hell did that law get on the books in the first place?

-Weer'd Beard

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm pretty sure I remember reading about a Boston ordinance forbidding blades longer than 2 or 3 inches.

Well, the two inch blade you have with you is better than the ten inch blade you left at home.....

nevermind.

I love the city, but the politics there ruined any chance of me ever living there. I'm used to the western Ma. at this point.

Top Bottom