tippmann m4-22 LR.

Stuff like this.....you like you buy.
I,have a old tippmann pump kicking around somewhere

Easier to get a 22 match grade upper? Like a Nordic? Then don’t need any changes to your 556 lower. Just switch uppers and blast away. Of course, if you want a dedicated 22 AR then go for it.

These things are almost $500. Why dont you just buy a .22 conversion kit or a .22 upper instead.
For under $500 I could BUILD a real AR with conversion kit. That way you still have an AR that can be switched back and forth. That is what I did for my son. He has a .22 rifle that can shoot .223 when he gets older by just switching the bolt carrier.

Is it a MASS thing?

RC

That Kriss looks very nice as well. I like the fact that it's completely compatible with ar parts.

It might be a mass thing. With one of these you get an adjustable stock. And a dedicated lower. I only have one AR and it cost me a fortune because I bought it post Healy. I know no harm is done but I'd rather not be switching out the upper. In Mass a lower alone will run 550
Easier to get a 22 match grade upper? Like a Nordic? Then don’t need any changes to your 556 lower. Just switch uppers and blast away. Of course, if you want a dedicated 22 AR then go for it.

These things are almost $500. Why dont you just buy a .22 conversion kit or a .22 upper instead.
For under $500 I could BUILD a real AR with conversion kit. That way you still have an AR that can be switched back and forth. That is what I did for my son. He has a .22 rifle that can shoot .223 when he gets older by just switching the bolt carrier.

Is it a MASS thing?

RC

This is only if you have a AR lower already or can easily get one.

If your looking for a very nice and accurate 22lr AR upper or kit.
.22 Dedicated Service Rifle Barrel with Kit .22 Service Rifle Barrel [22BBLKIT] - $585.00 : Compass Lake Engineering, Best choice of weapons and accessories

Another quality 22lr upper
AR-22 LT — Tactical Solutions

It might be a mass thing. With one of these you get an adjustable stock. And a dedicated lower. I only have one AR and it cost me a fortune because I bought it post Healy. I know no harm is done but I'd rather not be switching out the upper. In Mass a lower alone will run 550
the "Mass Thing" about the stock is it violates actual written MGL law.

Is it a MASS thing?

RC
depends what you want to do. Those conversion kits are not that great and shooting 22lr down a 223 barrel tends not to be very accurate. My cmmg conversion was fun and functioned very well but when it came time to shoot nice groups closer to tge X ring...not so much.
Now if torso size hits on target are fine....they do the job.

yeah MGL does not exempt 22lr as per the mass AWB. Only pass is tube fed with more than 10 rounds.
You know sitting here now I remember that adjustable stocks are not allowed on any semi-automatic. I guess I had tunnel vision.

depends what you want to do. Those conversion kits are not that great and shooting 22lr down a 223 barrel tends not to be very accurate. My cmmg conversion was fun and functioned very well but when it came time to shoot nice groups closer to tge X ring...not so much.
Now if torso size hits on target are fine....they do the job.

Right. The conversion kits like CMMG are not particularly accurate but generally do function well if you are just plinking. For a couple hundred bucks for a drop in bolt and some mags it’s hard to beat. If you want match grade accuracy, then just get a dedicated 22 upper with match grade barrel and call it a day. Obviously, if you don’t want to switch uppers or are jonesing for a new rifle, buy a dedicated 22 AR. Lots of options.

Not the same quality but I’ve put quite a few rounds through a Chiappa m-4 .22 upper. Works fine and takes the plentiful colt style or black dog machining mags.

Im seeing the Tippmann around $475 and Kriss at $700-$800. In that range I’m all over the CZ precision trainer.

I searched real quick on gunbroker and saw one for $599
figured that was the street price.
Kriss Defiance DMK22C .22LR 16.5" Black DM22-CBL00 - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 824172894

The only Tippmann on gunbroker with a buy it now price is $545.
Tippmann Arms M4-22 PRO NIB FREE CERAKOTE - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 820965552
Maybe the Tippmann price is inflated because its new and scarce?

Wait, is this lower compatible with a standard ar upper?
2016-07-21-567cc135_large.jpg

I searched real quick on gunbroker and saw one for $599
figured that was the street price.
Kriss Defiance DMK22C .22LR 16.5" Black DM22-CBL00 - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 824172894

The only Tippmann on gunbroker with a buy it now price is $545.
Tippmann Arms M4-22 PRO NIB FREE CERAKOTE - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 820965552
Maybe the Tippmann price is inflated because its new and scarce?

Better price than I could find. Nice, standard 15 round capacity make it non MA friendly?

For $500, you can get a nice CZ .22 or a couple Remingtons, Savages, Marlins, or Rugers.

Unfortunately, the Sako Finnfire is still out of the price range...

much happier with the accuracy with the CZ.

Yeah different purpose. My 455 was nice but I met a guy at the Chester rod and gun that was shooting the trainer and it was a whole nutha level. 1/2 inch groups at 100. Very impressive.

Back
Top Bottom