• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tip for the RCBS Chargemaster 1500

ochmude

Marine Veteran
I recently took the plunge and bought a Chargemaster 1500 after reading many positive reviews. After getting it home and setting it up I encountered a problem. If you're loading pistol and using a rather small charge (I was testing it with 4.4 gr of Titegroup) it would consistently throw way too much powder. It would start out with just a trickle for the first few .1 grains, then blast out 5 in under a second. It's not that it was malfunctioning or giving an erroneous measurement as the scale indicated that it was an overweight charge. It just seemed like it wasn't equipped to handle small, pistol-sized charges. I was disappointed, but not beaten. So, I did some googling and found this website. Using the instructions, I was able to change the parameters for the speeds at which the trickler operates. It was easier than using a microwave, and definitely did the trick. Let me tell you, after tweeting the settings a bit, my dispenser is dead nuts accurate. The other night I loaded 100 rounds of .45ACP and the Chargemaster dispensed 100 loads in a row without any deviation whatsoever. I highly recommend this product. Below is the link again for the reprogramming instructions.

Improve Your RCBS Chargemaster Scale

Crap, I did a search just to be sure. Heck, I just did another search and got the same results. Sorry 'bout that, feel free to lock.

Back
Top Bottom