Tinnitus

Every time mine goes off, I get annoyed and quip out loud to thank it for it's annoying service in making me a bit nutty. Almost as annoying as what I can only describe to as symphony music that I'm hearing when in a car with the AC on with no radio. They think it's because of my documented TBI. The same TBI that gives me short term memory loss and makes me slur like a drunk despite having not touched alcohol for years.
Please tell me you’re rated for your TBI at the VA?…

Looks like many many vets have this problem. I was never in the service but worked in a machine shop for 40 years.
Have/ had a lot of loud passtimes/ activities over those years. Race cars, rock music, guns, power tools, etc.
Constantly loud sound levels will cause hearing loss and tinnitus.You get used to the loud background noise and think nothing of it. Until later.
Hearing aids are the only answer right now unless you want to spring for a cochlear implant.
I see that MIT is sending a Tcell therapy to clinical trials that looks interesting.
Don't expect it to be on the market soon but there's some hopium there.

Every time mine goes off, I get annoyed and quip out loud to thank it for it's annoying service in making me a bit nutty. Almost as annoying as what I can only describe to as symphony music that I'm hearing when in a car with the AC on with no radio. They think it's because of my documented TBI. The same TBI that gives me short term memory loss and makes me slur like a drunk despite having not touched alcohol for years.
TBI survivor here. (car accident) funny in an odd way that you mention hearing "symphony music". Since the accident I've been hearing pretty much the same thing. and I'm dealing with the same memory loss / slurring . I get funny looks sometimes when I'm talking to someone who doesn't know me. [laugh]

TBI survivor here. (car accident) funny in an odd way that you mention hearing "symphony music". Since the accident I've been hearing pretty much the same thing. and I'm dealing with the same memory loss / slurring . I get funny looks sometimes when I'm talking to someone who doesn't know me. [laugh]
Any vertigo or headaches?

UGH! Just discovered something worse that tinnitus.

With my hearing loss, I've been told that I can't hear higher frequencies, and should have trouble hearing young kids and women, which tracks pretty well with who I have to say "what?" to the most. My Dr says that supposedly a hearing aid could help this, but I'll still have the ringing. I'm good without hearing people, so I'm passing on the hearing aid.

I discovered this weekend, to my chagrin, that I CAN hear old people, both men and women, just fine. I don't know if they're deaf, too and speaking louder, or if they talk at a lower frequency. Holy crap were the people at my kid's ball game annoying - I had to leave before I threw my chair at them. They weren't saying anything that was annoying, it was just that their voices were very clear to me, and listening to them was driving me insane.

I doubt I'll see another hearing doctor, but I'll be sure to ask how I can get rid of these frequencies, too.

Am I going crazy? Does anyone else get irrationally mad at being able to hear people when you just want a background of garbled sounds?

I did a trick to try and down out the tinnitus when it gets bad .
It takes a bit of fiddling, but go through a range of white or pink(HRTZ) noise with headphones or earbuds and find the frequency that drowns it out.

Back
Top Bottom