Timney trigger for R.E.M. 700 Police

jimlp

NES Member
Hello everyone. I am looking to replace the trigger in my 700 police from the mid 90's, are all the triggers available today compatible with my rifle? Thank you.

All the Timney triggers for the 700 will fit your year and model.

I have a #512 installed in my 700 SPS Tactical.
It took a whole ten minutes to install with no fitting required.

Some will say that they have had to file a bit of the trigger guard for the wider #512 trigger to fit.
I didn't have to with the factory trigger guard.

I have the same stock installed that you have on your rifle as well.

PS. I did install it because of the supposed trigger problems.
It was cheap insurance and I could order it with the weight I wanted right from Timney.
$125.00 is cheap to never have to deal with a Remington trigger recall and have a higher quality and safer trigger!

Last edited:
someone watched 60 minutes last night [rolleyes]

Actually no I did not, I have been meaning to do the trigger for oh about the last 7 years but thought a gunsmith would have to be involved. I have not had an issue in the 20 years I have had the rifle, the stock trigger while smooth is heavy.

Actually no I did not, I have been meaning to do the trigger for oh about the last 7 years but thought a gunsmith would have to be involved. I have not had an issue in the 20 years I have had the rifle, the stock trigger while smooth is heavy.

Have a go at it if you fell comfortable doing it.

I adjusted mine to right around 2lbs, never had a problem with it.

http://quarterbore.com/library/articles/rem700trigger.html

http://www.snipercountry.com/articles/remingtontriggers.asp

Of course it will void any recall work should you change your mind and send it to Remington.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have REM 700 5R .308 that was part of the recall. I never planned on sending it in. I got a Timney #512.

Back
Top Bottom