Time to start my build.

vik328

NES Member
So I just got some parts and tools in the mail today.

Im Building an ar15

So far the parts I have here some have been ordered and will be here tomorrow.

Tools:
Vice block set: ---$24 shipped from amazon
wrench-----------$21 shipped from amazon

HERE:
Spike Tactical lower--- $130
CMMG LPK STG 2------$142 shipped from amazon

IN THE MAIL:
CMMG Upper ----------$129
ATI milspec buffer kit---$50
Magpul MOE stock------$60
Charging handle--------$25 shipped from amazon

Now I need a
BCG-- BCM maybe?
Barrel--DD 1:7 chrome lined 16" mid length?
Low pro Gas block and gas tube
Rail of some sort

20140115_180150.jpg

Sorry it took me so long to put the lower together i had surgery on my left shoulder two weeks ago. I'm still in a sling i cant use me left arm for another 2 weeks.

20140115_191731.jpg

should have the upper butt stock and buffer tube and charging handle tomorrow

20140116_181445.jpg

20140116_181519.jpg

20140120_181420.jpg

BCG in- so close to being done.

20140126_182411.jpg

Last edited:
$130 for a spike lower? they generally can be had for around $80-$100
it was like 125 plus tax. o well

Sounds like a great list.
Thanks!

muzzle brake
upgraded grip if you want one
sights of some sort

Barrel nut if your forearm doesn't come with one.

Upper parts kit including forward assist kit and dust cover door kit
The upper I ordered already has a forward assist and dust cover door.

But yes I need sights barrel nut, sights, def gonna get a different grip.

Palmetto state makes a hell of a BCG at a great price.
ill have to check it out

its like christmas when parts come in.

I just got the CMMG upper and charging handle. The buffer tube kit and MOE stock should be in any day

20140116_181223.jpg

Last edited:
I was poking around on AeroPrecision's web site and found that they sell complete but non-finished uppers, lowers, and matched pairs.

It would be fun to take a buffing wheel to one of those things. Get it to a mirror finish and then shoot it with a clearcoat.

Just a thought.

Don

$120 for both is not bad at all.

special_edition_combo_non_anodized.jpg

I was poking around on AeroPrecision's web site and found that they sell complete but non-finished uppers, lowers, and matched pairs.

It would be fun to take a buffing wheel to one of those things. Get it to a mirror finish and then shoot it with a clearcoat.

Just a thought.

Don

$120 for both is not bad at all.

special_edition_combo_non_anodized.jpg

Your right thats not a bad price at all. I think a mirror finish on this would be pretty sweet.

Aluminum polishes up pretty nicely. I've got 3 different color compounds. You start with black then red then white. I'd guess it would take about an hour. It makes a hell of a mess though.

For a while Harbor Freight was selling a 3/4 hp buffing kit that included 8" diameter soft wheels for $55 delivered. I grabbed one.

Aluminum polishes up pretty nicely. I've got 3 different color compounds. You start with black then red then white. I'd guess it would take about an hour. It makes a hell of a mess though.

For a while Harbor Freight was selling a 3/4 hp buffing kit that included 8" diameter soft wheels for $55 delivered. I grabbed one.

Color compounds for what?

Harbor Freight does has some great deals. Dont know the quality as all my tools are snapon/mac/cornwell etc.

Yes. Color = Grit

Color compounds for what?

Harbor Freight does has some great deals. Dont know the quality as all my tools are snapon/mac/cornwell etc.

I go to Harbor Freight when i want "good enough" tools. Their bench grinders are excellent.
Once the big names started sourcing stuff from China I figured I might as well get my chinese crap cheaply, rather than pay top dollar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom