Time to ReNew!

Got notification that my LTC is about to expire. Has it been 6 years already? It also marks how long I've been on NES, since this was my first resource in the application process, green/red towns, first gun purchases, MA laws etc....over time, I strayed away from the gun related stuff, since I'm not really a "gun nut" in that I don't eat, sleep, shit guns....but the crowd around here isn't too bad so I still stuck around.

I believe in the right to bear arms, I encourage everyone I know to educate themselves about guns/gun rights/gun laws and to make a choice for themselves. I thought about getting into IDPA, even bought holster and magazine holder to try it out, but I never "pulled the trigger". Not enough time in the day. When I first got my LTC, I was going to MRA once sometimes twice a week...but that started getting expensive, and I burnt myself out. Now I get to the range 3-4 times a year. (I even let my membership lapse). My LTC was issued 1 day after my wedding, and I was giddy during my honeymoon knowing it was waiting for me when I got back. I brought about 5 gun related books with me that I read on my honeymon (eventually Karma'd them out). It is also my anniversary with NES since I stopped lurking and signed up around the same time.

Now I'm just rambling. What I'm trying to say is "Thanks NES" for all the info, education and entertainment over the years.

Last edited:
Never mind all that.

We need more sub & pizza shop idiot customer stories!

I'm not posting in that thread anymore. This shop has officially burned me out. I've been like a zombie just going through the motions here for a while now. I've dedicated so much of my life to this business....and now that I don't want to do it anymore, I feel like I'm just shackled here. Honestly, it hit me like a ton of bricks...I feel like it's a mid-life thing, except I'm too young for that, lol.

Sorry for becoming a Debbie Downer, lol....

Meh - maybe a nice sabbatical is in order. Take an (at least) two-week vacation. Take a road trip, and visit other shops while you're away, and look for new and inventive menu items that'll sell in your area. Take off some of the slow sellers, and add something fun and delicious to change things up a bit.

(Slight) change is good.

Or, maybe hire full-time staff to RUN your shop, while you manage it from afar, not dealing with day-to-day food prep, stupid customers, etc. Maybe you wouldn't feel so burnt out.

Yeah, I'm in the early stages of figuring out a good way to just have this place run itself and I just collect the money. Like a franchise owner, lol. I don't even mind the pay cut, hehehe. It's just extremely hard to find good help around here....and the good ones I have run into, are too scrared of the area, even though it's not that bad anymore. They should have been here in the late 80's early 90's...THAT was a blast.

Back
Top Bottom