• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Time to pay my tax again

It's coming time to pay my 2nd Amendment tax again (by April 5th)...Looks like Leominster is still green. My current one is from N. Attleboro, hopefully Leominster will go just as smoothly.

How long are LTC's taking these days? I think I waited almost 3 weeks for my first one 5 years ago but it seemed awhile ago things were taking much much longer. Are there still huge delays?

It's coming time to pay my 2nd Amendment tax again (by April 5th)...Looks like Leominster is still green. My current one is from N. Attleboro, hopefully Leominster will go just as smoothly.

How long are LTC's taking these days? I think I waited almost 3 weeks for my first one 5 years ago but it seemed awhile ago things were taking much much longer. Are there still huge delays?

The delays depend on the town, and were never actual "delays", but rather issuing authorities dragging their feet. SO, the best way to find out is go apply.

You should be ok. When I moved here, my licensing chief advised me to send a letter to the chief here in Leominster regarding my machine gun license. When I didn't hear anything I called the licensing officer and she told me, " yes we got your letter, but I don't see the big deal, we have no intention of taking it away from you your all set." Shouldn't be a big deal this seems like a really great town with some level heads running things, I've had nothing but fantastic experiences with the town officials I've met and dealt with since buying my home.

You should be ok. When I moved here, my licensing chief advised me to send a letter to the chief here in Leominster regarding my machine gun license. When I didn't hear anything I called the licensing officer and she told me, " yes we got your letter, but I don't see the big deal, we have no intention of taking it away from you your all set." Shouldn't be a big deal this seems like a really great town with some level heads running things, I've had nothing but fantastic experiences with the town officials I've met and dealt with since buying my home.

+1. As far as wait is concerned it was about 6 weeks for my wife's and mine 2 years ago.

Just got my LTC in the mail today. I actually applied for renewal around Thanksgiving, and it went through in about a week, but Theresa suggested I wait until my birthday on 1-6 to put it through so I'd get the whole 6 years out of it.

No change -- still an LTC-A, the only one Leominster issues. Now I can go get my Super Nova Tactical from Jon -- the transfer got held up last week because of this.

Back
Top Bottom