• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Time to change the undies

Psh, I probably would have just tackled the damn thing and kept punching it until it would submit. [laugh]

That is pretty scary stuff right there.

you can see fence posts in the background not far from where the lion starts from.. he had nowhere to go so he charged... Too bad he didn't get the guy with the gun.

It always amazes me that Some one just stood there and held the camera.

That was pretty impressive he kept rolling while the SHT was hitting the fan. I wonder what they were using for rifles... Seemed a little under powered.

I have no idea why anyone would be bothered by that hunt.

Is it more "righteous" to shoot a deer who has no capability to fight back?

I have no idea why anyone would be bothered by that hunt.

Is it more "righteous" to shoot a deer who has no capability to fight back?

ya shooting a lion in a fenced in area is a hunt. OK. And fishing with dynamite is fishing.

I have no prob with hunting for food. Hunting for the sake of killing something so you can feel more like a man is f*cking pathetic IMO.

To each his own I guess, but I would have laughed my ass off if the lion came out on top of that.

ya shooting a lion in a fenced in area is a hunt. OK. And fishing with dynamite is fishing

I have no prob with hunting for food. Hunting for the sake of killing something so you can feel more like a man is f*cking pathetic IMO.

To each his own I guess, but I would have laughed my ass off if the lion came out on top of that.

Agree 100%. Staged hunts really piss me off. If someone wants to kill a lion give him a spear and send him out into the bush. Even the odds a bit.

I take it you don't eat steak or chicken? [thinking]

There's a difference between food and killing shit for fun. The latter IMO is borderline sadistic.

i'd have no prob pulling the trigger on a deer or picking my own turkey from a farm and chopping his head off myself. But, I'd feel like shit if i ran around killing animals for kicks especially if their escape was cut off.

Where's Yelena when you need her?

I take it you don't eat steak or chicken? [thinking]

I do, although I would not call killing chickens a hunt. Sure, cows and chickens are slaughtered for our enjoyment. However, does one eat that lion after it's been killed? In addition, lions' population numbers are down from around 500,000 in 1950's to around 40,000 currently. How many chickens are there?

Just because you see "fence posts" does not mean the animal is fenced in. There are plenty of place in the world where there are fences that have nothing to do with animal enclosures.

I do not understand opposition to that lion hunt.

Hunters in this country kill animals that have no defense against their weapons and are declared righteous.

However, when someone engages in a real contest they are bemoaned as unethical.

You say the lion had no chance to escape...maybe true...but that video was a testimony to the fact that on that day a true contest took place...unlike your "deer"...that lion almost won the day.

I do, although I would not call killing chickens a hunt. Sure, cows and chickens are slaughtered for our enjoyment. However, does one eat that lion after it's been killed? In addition, lions' population numbers are down from around 500,000 in 1950's to around 40,000 currently. How many chickens are there?

I don't know the details on the video posted and I don't know if they eat them. From the lion hunting places I've read about in Africa they are private property and the lions are living on the property. Do they raise them specifically for hunting? I don't know. If they are, I don't have a problem with people paying to shoot them. Not my cup of tea but it's a private business and it's apparently legal.

You can do it for $25K.

To give Massnee a reply...

No one knows the situation there, but deer hunting in MA is about Deer Management. Deer are the property of the State, monitored by biologists [who love animals], and have determined that to keep the ecosystem stable in MA they need to cull the herd. So they sell X licenses in each zone, and add Y more doe permits based on how many were bought. There are laws about fair chase [ie. no baiting], sizes, hours, safety, and a host of others. There's even one about no hassling hunters!

And Reverend, no hunting on Sundays.

I believe Robin Hood's father was a forester, who managed "the King's Deer". Culling the herd and watching for poachers.

Going out Saturday morning, maybe they'll be active before the potential weather Sunday.

nothing like pissing off the lion with your 1st shot! Time to upgrade to a .460.

I'm amazed no one got shot in the crossfire.

Back
Top Bottom