• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Time to buy a 3D Printer...maybe the best $10k I've ever spent...the new Cuomo Mag

Completely destroys arguments about keeping Hi-Cap mags out of criminal hands by a ban on anything over 10 rounds as they (criminals and lunatics) will just make them. Ergo, the only people who will comply are the people who should have them. [insert slow clap]

In case of roving bands of rioters, just turn on your printer and INSTANT HI-CAP MAGAZINE.

When it's over, toss the sucker in the fireplace.

I love the fact that he tested it out on a suppressed platform. One can only hope that it was FA too, making it ultra sooper killy.

The author of that article is rather dumb:

Defense Distributed and the Wiki Weapons Project also has made schematics of other parts of the AR-15 and other weapons and modifications, including pistol grips, but has avoided attempting to design and distribute plans for a fully-functional gun.

Because we all know that you can make a barrel and bolt out of plastic...[rolleyes]

Rep. Steve Israel, D-N.Y., has called for amending the Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988, which initially sought to ban guns that could be sneaked through metal detectors, to include a ban on “homemade, 3-D printed, plastic high-capacity magazines."

They'll just keep writing laws until EVERYTHING is illegal.

I can see the new Hollywood action movie now (don't forget, Hollywood is against guns and all), where the bad guys get on the dreamliner, a couple of them dressed as old men with canes, and the printers/computers are checked as baggage in the hold. Bad guys sneak into the hold, set up shop, print up some guns, the canes magically become barrels, and viola! instant hijacking team a la Die Hard.

Printers on a plane, starring Samuel L Jackson...

There are a couple of sub $2k 3d printers that have a deck large enough to print an AR lower.

If you're only after magazines you can spend as little as $1000 for an UP! Mini 3d printer. More than adequate to print a magazine.

I have been doing a little homework recently on 3d printers (Because I want one). Printed ABS is about 30% as strong as normal injection molded ABS. PLA is a bit stronger, but more brittle if I recall correctly.

There are also a new generation of sintered metal laser 3d printers. They are cooler than they sound, and print with actual metal. But they are still WAY out of the realm of the average home user, in so far as cost.

Last edited:
There are a couple of sub $2k 3d printers that have a deck large enough to print an AR lower.

If you're only after magazines you can spend as little as $1000 for an UP! Mini 3d printer. More than adequate to print a magazine.

I have been doing a little homework recently on 3d printers (Because I want one). Printed ABS is about 30% as strong as normal injection molded ABS. PLA is a bit stronger, but more brittle if I recall correctly.

There are also a new generation of sintered metal laser 3d printers. They are cooler than they sound, and print with actual metal. But they are still WAY out of the realm of the average home user, in so far as cost.

tumblr_mac3x3mzkj1ruj2iwo1_400.gif

it's retarded. If you need a hi cap mag, go across the border and buy it.

.gov keeps writing laws and people keep inventing stupid shit to go around it. This madness has to stop.

it's retarded. If you need a hi cap mag, go across the border and buy it.

.gov keeps writing laws and people keep inventing stupid shit to go around it. This madness has to stop.

we'd be singing a different tune if we had access to a rapid prototyping system and a crate of booze. think about the shit we could come up with if you locked the "crew" in a room with just alcohol, a laptop, design software, and that printer.

Go here: DEFCAD

Up top of the page, hit the browse tab.

Also check out the FAQ page to download all the available programs for later use, its about 325 megabytes of files for different things.

Was informed to get this stuff before it disappears, it may come in very handy in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
The author of that article is rather dumb:

Because we all know that you can make a barrel and bolt out of plastic...[rolleyes]
EXCEPT - some "printing" can be done with metals. Check out the materials this company can use: "http:// i . materialise . com/materials" I am purposely avoiding giving them a link, but it appears they can use titanium, stainless steel, brass, bronze and others. There are size restrictions, based on the size of their printers, and the issue of "cost" but it can be done with metal. This technology is in its infancy. If someone can "print" working gun parts now, it is not inconceivable someone could print an entire gun in the future.

Go here: DEFCAD

Up top of the page, hit the browse tab.

Also check out the FAQ page to download all the available programs for later use, its about 325 megabytes of files for different things.

Was informed to get this stuff before it disappears, it may come in very handy in the future.
Yep. I got these files a while ago. Then I started googling for a 3D printing service. Upload the file, place you order, get a "printed" part delivered to your door. So far, i have not been able to find a service that can print a lower for a price that makes sense. Sure would like to try one "printed" with titanium or stainless steel.

If someone can "print" working gun parts now, it is not inconceivable someone could print an entire gun in the future.

I like 3D printers, I want one and such, but it's weird that people freak out that you can print parts. It's like, I could make a zip gun out of a toothbrush and some metal (or an AK out of a shovel) right now and it'd be legal anyways. Are people against convenience?

I can see the new Hollywood action movie now (don't forget, Hollywood is against guns and all), where the bad guys get on the dreamliner, a couple of them dressed as old men with canes, and the printers/computers are checked as baggage in the hold. Bad guys sneak into the hold, set up shop, print up some guns, the canes magically become barrels, and viola! instant hijacking team a la Die Hard.

Printers on a plane, starring Samuel L Jackson...
Media has already started on printed guns. CSI NY and regular CSI within 2 weeks each did a 3D printed gun episode....

we'd be singing a different tune if we had access to a rapid prototyping system and a crate of booze. think about the shit we could come up with if you locked the "crew" in a room with just alcohol, a laptop, design software, and that printer.

I'm highly sceptical, it would probably start with Glock frame, degrade to making an AR lower then as everyone would get even more drunk there would be competition on who can print the biggest dick on a dick and by morning that printer would be toast and swimming in the puddle of puke and shit. [laugh]

I'm highly sceptical, it would probably start with Glock frame, degrade to making an AR lower then as everyone would get even more drunk there would be competition on who can print the biggest dick on a dick and by morning that printer would be toast and swimming in the puddle of puke and shit. [laugh]

actually that is about how i imagined it going down.

when are we doing this? the whole lot of us would have no problem lifting my company's stratasys machine. one of those ought to work OK.

Congress passed a law banning plastic guns for two decades when they were just a movie fantasy," Israel told FoxNews.com. "With the advent of 3-D printers, these guns are suddenly a real possibility, and the law Congress passed is set to expire this year.

Wait, what?

glock...M&P...etc etc etc etc?

Back
Top Bottom