'Time machine' created in Russia moves tiny particles a fraction of a second into the past

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
All they did was prove Einstein right when he said that time was a stubborn illusion.

"People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

jek

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My dad had a time machine known as a 16mm projector. It was amazing to watch how he could make us move back and forth in time and at different speeds.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Time is just a construct. Think about the way we measure time. Most people aren’t even aware of it or understand it. They just know we have seconds and minutes and hours and days and years, etc. We measure hours in minutes and minutes in seconds and years in days, etc. But how did we even come up with these devices? Where do they come from?

Well you might suggest they come from the earths rotation around its axis and the sun. But that’s obviously not consistent or precise if we have leap years, no?

What about a second? How does one measure a second?

I’m rambling but it’s an interesting topic to think about.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Time is just a construct. Think about the way we measure time. Most people aren’t even aware of it or understand it. They just know we have seconds and minutes and hours and days and years, etc. We measure hours in minutes and minutes in seconds and years in days, etc. But how did we even come up with these devices? Where do they come from?

Well you might suggest they come from the earths rotation around its axis and the sun. But that’s obviously not consistent or precise if we have leap years, no?

What about a second? How does one measure a second?

I’m rambling but it’s an interesting topic to think about.

A second is measured by using a Cesium clock, which has been a standard measurement since 1967 under the International System of Units.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
What they did appears to reverse entropy at the quantum level. The particles spontaneously reorganize into a higher quantum state in apparent defiance of the second law.

They're defining reverse entropy as time travel. It's basically bullsh!t.

It looks like you wrote in English. But all those words mean nothing

BrianWilson

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sooo... if I take the ice cube tray out of the freezer and after it melts put it back in, after it re- freezes I'm then a younger man? How many times do I have to do this before I'm ....say....8 years old again?

Squire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Al reality is a virtual simulation orchestrated by advanced beings (deities) whose intellectint can't even begin to comprehend. We are just happening on some characteristic flaws in the system (like Deja Vu in the Matrix).

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What they did appears to reverse entropy at the quantum level. The particles spontaneously reorganize into a higher quantum state in apparent defiance of the second law.

They're defining reverse entropy as time travel. It's basically bullsh!t.
Yes, you are right. But isn’t that even more stunning?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The only reason we created time was to keep everything from happening at once.

But then again, everything actually is happening at once. We just can’t percieve it.

beaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Sooo... if I take the ice cube tray out of the freezer and after it melts put it back in, after it re- freezes I'm then a younger man? How many times do I have to do this before I'm ....say....8 years old again?
I just ran the numbers on my quantum computer. 4 times should be enough, but you have to do them in the past.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I often wish I could go back in time. Kinda like the 7 second delay used on live radio.

That way when I say something dumb I could change it. I tried repeating "Undo, Undo, Undo" and clicking my heels together but it didn't work.
Once you realize that a good part of the world runs on complete and utter bullshit each and every day - and they NEVER take something back when they utterly f*** something up , you learn to just not give a shit about doing something "dumb".

It's better to just double down and go with it.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yup, that and buy Microsoft and Apple stock at the right time, to get ready for the Google IPO.
If you did those finding women to hit on you would not be an issue.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Al reality is a virtual simulation orchestrated by advanced beings (deities) whose intellectint can't even begin to comprehend. We are just happening on some characteristic flaws in the system (like Deja Vu in the Matrix).
Pons and Fleischman ran into this when they discovered cold fusion and the diety or dieties (perhaps the FM) installed a software patch before that part of the simulation could be rerun.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hell,I could go to the liquor store and get a bottle of Tango and be transported back to 1981.

Top Bottom