• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Time for Non-Resident Renewal Mass. LTC Appx. 74 Days

Just FYI.

They received my application on November sixth. My non-resident LTC was dated January 19, 2018. So if my tally is correct that is a total of about 74 days. I am in the cycle of the renewal process where I didn't have to show up for an interview this year.

My renewal app got there a week after yours did and I received the new license about 10 days ago. So perhaps a span of 65/66 days in my case.

I am in my second year of non-interview required renewal (I fortunately don't have to interview until 2023)

I sent my renewal application in on 11/25/17.

I received confirmation that it got there on 11/27/17.

I received my Non Res LTC renewal on 3/21/18.

So without counting the actual individual days, it was close to 120 days overall.

Just FYI.

They received my application on November sixth. My non-resident LTC was dated January 19, 2018. So if my tally is correct that is a total of about 74 days. I am in the cycle of the renewal process where I didn't have to show up for an interview this year.

74 days ! Here in Massachusetts that's what we call a quickie.

I tend to think that maybe some renewals might supersede others, simply based on the impending renewal dates.
Mine took a while, but then again, my actual renewal date isn't till June ...

For those looking for timeline info...
Non interview renewal took 93 days from application receipt to post marked envelope. License in hand 28 days before expiration of old license.

Since my non-res LTC Class A unrestricted expires end of May19, looks to me like I'd be best advised to submit completed renewal application by mid-Feb 2019. I'm in the non-interview cycle. If asked, any of you all reckon FRB would give me a time frame I could rely upon?

TB605

I would send in your renewal as soon as you can. The data point spread above is 65 to 120 days and a) we don't know the specific circumstances of each renewal, which may have shortened or lengthened the processing time and b) we don't know if the number of people assigned to the various tasks in one (or more) offices is variable. I can't speak for the FRB but I don't see what calling them will gain you. I think they would say they will process it as soon as they can.

Bleep them. I'm officially on grace period as of tomorrow. The big 5-0 today. Renewed Dec 1-ish. (I forget if it was late Nov or early Dec.). Was told my Resi renewal was 5 weeks. Already beyond that. I'll probably swing by the station on Friday.

Thank goodness I bought all the guns I needed (for now) last month. LOL

Bleep them. I'm officially on grace period as of tomorrow. The big 5-0 today. Renewed Dec 1-ish. (I forget if it was late Nov or early Dec.). Was told my Resi renewal was 5 weeks. Already beyond that. I'll probably swing by the station on Friday.

Thank goodness I bought all the guns I needed (for now) last month. LOL
NRs have ZERO "grace period", as it is in a different section of law (MGL C. 140 S. 131F) that doesn't provide any grace period whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom