• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Time for more gun control? Fox 25

Time for more gun control?

Pretty sick. They don't talk about the car crash killing 2, the person who dumped a pot of coffee over another's head, or any of the other crimes; but they add up the gun crimes around the country and whine that something needs to be done. Why not "do something" like this with cars?

[puke]

When you have nut cases like in Washington DC, if he didn't have a gun, he would have made a bomb, or done something else. The point is if he wanted to kill and get noticed, he would have found a way. As always, the news just blames it on "not enough gun control" Pfft!

the response comments in the blog are pretty good. "more laws? he was a convicted felon! He couldn't legally obtain the firearm anyway!"

I saw this last night. What a friggin joke. Lets go after the guns. Perhaps we need more strict murder control laws. That should solve everything. If we made stiff penalties for murder the criminals would just stop. [rolleyes]

1) The man was a convicted felon for Attempted Kidnapping at the Federal Reserve Bank and still came into posession of a .22LR. He was already violating the law just by possessing the gun. No change in the gun laws are going to prevent that.

2) He was carring a .22 Caliber RIFLE. I am sure anyone carrying a rifle in Washington, DC would be reported to the police, so even a complete prohibition on possessing of a firearm wouldn't have changed the situation.

3) Maybe if Washington, DC allowed private security guards, like those at the Museum, to own their own guns, they could have had more practice and training time so his guy would be in the morgue instead of a hospital bed.

Another talking head crusader jumping on a bandwagon topic which he thinks is popular and will further his career. Spreading crap like that to the uninformed is the root of the problem.
I dont care how a reporter feels about gun violence. Do some research and report the facts. How often are emotional responses to serious problems the right ones? Its more than irresponsible to put out a report like that.

The real issue here is the failure of the education system in America. That is right. The author not only fails to submit how gun control would have prevented this particular incident, but he also never provides an example of any kind of legislation that he is suggesting that people back. He is merely crying for folks to back up the idea of "gun control" which means absolutely nothing at all. How this gentleman has a job is beyond me.

Someone please post this on the website, I've got to run and I couldn't figure out how to get my yahoo email to create a username on the FOX site.

I love how it's all under the ruse of sensibility. And how their anti-civil rights rhetoric is always prefaced by the following, "Now I believe firmly in individuals' right to keep and bear arms...".

Give me a break. Why do they refuse to believe that criminals are not going to start adhering to laws? This makes no sense! Somebody with brain the size of a squirrel ought to be able to figure this out!

3) Maybe if Washington, DC allowed private security guards, like those at the Museum, to own their own guns, they could have had more practice and training time so his guy would be in the morgue instead of a hospital bed.
Might wanna check your facts.

Stephen Johns (may he rest in peace) was a resident of Prince George's County in Maryland. While CCW is almost impossible to obtain in Maryland, merely owning firearms is hardly any more difficult than here in Ohio.

DC's laws meant nothing to him during his spare time.

Might wanna check your facts.

Stephen Johns (may he rest in peace) was a resident of Prince George's County in Maryland. While CCW is almost impossible to obtain in Maryland, merely owning firearms is hardly any more difficult than here in Ohio.

DC's laws meant nothing to him during his spare time.

Except he can't transport his duty weapon home and can take a personal weapon with him on duty due to DC law.

That would mean, if he purchased a personal weapon and took personal time to train with it, it would be different (even if the same make and model) than his duty weapon. He couldn't even take his duty weapon to an armorer or his personal gun into work to have the two weapons "matched" for the same trigger pull and sight alignment.

Last edited:
That would mean, if he purchased a personal weapon and took personal time to train with it, it would be different (even if the same make and model) than his duty weapon. He couldn't even take his duty weapon to an armorer or his personal gun into work to have the two weapons "matched" for the same trigger pull and sight alignment.

It is imposible to learn to shoot two guns competently. Those 3-gun shoots are impossible. Imagine how hard it would be to keep shots on a target if the guns were actually similar. [thinking]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom