• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Time for me to eat some crow

Since these will be for Border Patrol duty, I wonder what their Mexican colleagues are carrying ???
Is 9mm Para still illegal for anyone not active in their military to carry or possess ??? (including police)
IIRC, Mexican law forbids anything chambered in a military caliber, (not sure if this includes both NATO and firmer Soviet bloc militaries), and also prohibits handguns over .38 cal. The most powerful commercially available semi-auto handgun allowed to Mexican citizens is the .38 Super, thus their popularity South of the Border.
Does Glock even make a .38 Super ???

The specific pistol isn't announced yet but is rumored to be the G47. A new model that's not commercially available.

It is a Gen 5 19X frame (17 frame with a 19 dust cover) and a 17 slide with MOS plate and front cocking serrations.

View attachment 279010

That's a glock 17 stop with the stupid names glock
Look at the slide...

It says G47.

There is info all over Glock Talk about the new gun.

I. Believe you I just am tired of buying all these different versions

Out of curiosity, why? Looking at the Glock site, they seem quite similar.

It's all nitpicky shit, but it's finally the pistol that hits like 95% of it for me. The 19 slide on the 17 frame is awesome, so thats number one. I don't like the Gen5 guns because of the stupid notch in the base of the magwell, and I had to do a good bit of dremil work to my 19x in order to fit a Magpul magwell. The G45 comes factory with a pretty good magwell flare and they dropped that notch, so that solves that. The 19x came with good night sights, but I don't like night sights, so I swapped them out anyways, the G45 comes with the usual plastic sights that I wouldn't care about swapping. The G45 has forward slide serations from the factory which is something I am coming around to wanting, none of the other guns come that way. Basically a G45 with a set of Dawson's and a little dremil message in the trigger guard undercut area and it is exactly what I want in a pistol.

It's all nitpicky shit, but it's finally the pistol that hits like 95% of it for me.

Good for you. Meanwhile I’m going through hoops to get a G41 MOS in Mass, add RMR, hunt for months to get preban mags, add mag extension for 15rds and lip, threaded barrel...

...and then realize I built a striker-fired FNX Tactical. [rofl]

Since these will be for Border Patrol duty, I wonder what their Mexican colleagues are carrying ???
Is 9mm Para still illegal for anyone not active in their military to carry or possess ??? (including police)
IIRC, Mexican law forbids anything chambered in a military caliber, (not sure if this includes both NATO and firmer Soviet bloc militaries), and also prohibits handguns over .38 cal. The most powerful commercially available semi-auto handgun allowed to Mexican citizens is the .38 Super, thus their popularity South of the Border.
Does Glock even make a .38 Super ???

You'd have to drive to Mexico City to visit the one licensed gun dealer. Otherwise, it's a moot point. Not sure if it's real or an urban legend about the one "FFL" in Mexico.

I've seen private security on the south side with pistols. Cartel security runs '47s and stolen G3's (occassional M/AR 16/15). Always felt kinda nekkid with just pistol level armor on.

I thought Eric Holder was Mexico's only FFL dealer...?

TFB EXCLUSIVE: New CBP GLOCK G47, G19 MOS And G26

Within a matter of hours, the news of the GLOCK G47 which was designed for the U.S. Customs And Border Protection (CBP), had spread to every corner of the internet. Our inboxes were flooded with tips and images (thank you, by the way) along with a healthy dose of speculation and un-cited analysis. Being the respected firearms news resource that we are (don’t look at me like that), we held off posting any details until we could confirm their validity. Let’s take a look at what we know about the GLOCK G47, the G19MOS and the G26 specifically designed for CBP.

TFB EXCLUSIVE: New CBP GLOCK G47, G19 MOS And G26 -

Back
Top Bottom