• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Time for ArticleV is now

First order of business at a constitutional convention will be rewriting the 2A, in a bad way. It will be rewritten as a collective right, and individuals are only entitled to hunting and sporting purposes.

Then they'll neglect to fix the budget. They've all realized they can write themselves checks from the public treasury.

First order of business at a constitutional convention will be rewriting the 2A, in a bad way. It will be rewritten as a collective right, and individuals are only entitled to hunting and sporting purposes.

Then they'll neglect to fix the budget. They've all realized they can write themselves checks from the public treasury.

Correct. Straight-up partition is the only way to go.

Something certainly needs to be done but my concern with this would be that we've been stabbed in the back so many times that this could somehow end up screwing us over too.

Do yourself a favor and educate yourself on how article v happens and how the states control topics for discussion/proposed amendments

In case you were not already paying attention things arent going swimingly at a federal level

I know how it works, but that's also why nothing will really change:

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

Articles of Confederation became the Constitution after a big meeting to amend them.
The Constitution 2.0 would be harmonized with the UN.

The last thing anyone needs is a constitutional convention. That means the entire constitution is open for review. That's why it hasn't happened at all since the constitution was ratified in 1787. The politicians know the power of that article and none of them want to go there because the issues they want to keep sacred are open for change by the opposition. That's seems to be the one check and balance that is still in place.

I realize you live in mAss and that is the filter that clouds a lot of things

But the point of A5 is that the states control the process and subjects to be addressed.....its not open ended.....

And a pile of states have already approved limited amendments to be discussed

Groundwork is already there.......mAss will never support it.....move to a state where you can help control the process
I'm working on moving from Ma. but at this time it looks to be 5 yrs. out which is 5 yrs. too long but that's where I'm at now. Things havn't been turning out as expected lately so who knows. It could work out well, it might not. If it happens and works out the right way that would be great.

It is not a ConstitutionalConvention, it is the states proposing Amendments. The entire Constitution is not open for review. This procedure gives the States control over the Federal government. It really is a safe guard to reign in an out of control Federal Government.
As much as I support Article 5, I often ask myself, if they don't follow the Constitution now, will they follow any new Amendments? But something should be tried short of war, and if it doesn't work, then Partition.

No. As a matter of practical politics, it's a ConCon.

Our position needs to be: Partition, or war = killing people and breaking things.

It would take 34 separate state legislatures, both house and senate, to pass an Article V Convention. How many states did we have at that time? 13? It's an antiquated process to changing the constitution and there's a reason it's never been used. It's a feel good talking point, it has no basis in reality.

Succession works... if you win. To ensure you win, look at what Kim Jong Un is doing... make nukes.

It is not a ConstitutionalConvention, it is the states proposing Amendments. The entire Constitution is not open for review. This procedure gives the States control over the Federal government. It really is a safe guard to reign in an out of control Federal Government.
As much as I support Article 5, I often ask myself, if they don't follow the Constitution now, will they follow any new Amendments? But something should be tried short of war, and if it doesn't work, then Partition.

This. Republicans currently control almost enough state legislatures to pass an article V amendment without any democrat input. Therefore this also means that any amendment banning the 2A, even if such an Article V convention passed one, would NOT BE PASSED BY THE STATE LEGISLATURES. You need 35 states to ratify an amendment. Republicans control almost that many state legislatures outright!!!!!

There are two more options should article V fail (or be ignored by the feds).

The first, is for each state to leave. I for one support #NHExit.

The second, is people band together and violently resist the feds. This takes us down a very dark path that I hope to never see.

iu

Article V!

This. Republicans currently control almost enough state legislatures to pass an article V amendment without any democrat input. Therefore this also means that any amendment banning the 2A, even if such an Article V convention passed one, would NOT BE PASSED BY THE STATE LEGISLATURES. You need 35 states to ratify an amendment. Republicans control almost that many state legislatures outright!!!!!

There are two more options should article V fail (or be ignored by the feds).

The first, is for each state to leave. I for one support #NHExit.

The second, is people band together and violently resist the feds. This takes us down a very dark path that I hope to never see.

Nope.

Methinks we were just demonstrated the loyalties of the "Republican Party" on any matters republican.

The ONLY thing that's going to work is to separate them from us. We don't like them, and they don't like us. Their values aren't ours, and ours aren't theirs.

Back
Top Bottom