• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Time for a new press setup for 9mm and .45. Recommendations?

Who's REALLY excited about his new reloading press??? THIS GUY!

image_zps374883bb.jpg

Just a quick unboxing tonight. Plan changed a bit and my wife surprised me with a new press setup (she didn't know I already ordered one ). She found a good deal! Got the 550, strong mount, primer tubes ,dies, conversion kit, and some primers for $515 out the door with some discounts at KTP. Fortunately the guys at the Gun Parlor were very understanding with me canceling my order through them.

My wife is the best!

Unfortunately no such luck with my shooting belt and mag pouches for my new glock 34.... I was really hoping they would be here for this weekends HSC match

Last edited:
Congrats. Nice setup!

Can't say enough thanks to everyone here in this thread... Lots of different opinions, but it really help me narrow down what's best for me.

It also helped realizing I would have had to cut a hole in the floor/ceiling in order to get the 650 with a casefeeder to work. [rofl]

Last edited:
Who's REALLY excited about his new reloading press??? THIS GUY!

image_zps374883bb.jpg

Just a quick unboxing tonight. Plan changed a bit and my wife surprised me with a new press setup (she didn't know I already ordered one ). She found a good deal! Got the 550, strong mount, primer tubes ,dies, conversion kit, and some primers for $515 out the door with some discounts at KTP. Fortunately the guys at the Gun Parlor were very understanding with me canceling my order through them.

My wife is the best!

Unfortunately no such luck with my shooting belt and mag pouches for my new glock 34.... I was really hoping they would be here for this weekends HSC match

Nice set up. I'm sure you will enjoy your 550 as much as I do mine. I have three plastic/Kydex mag pouches that will accept Glock mags. The will only fit 1.5 in belts. Let me know if you are interested and I will throw them in my shooting bag for this Sun.

Good choice and hopefully your wife got it around a holiday thats when I bought mine from KTP and got like 25%off plus free shipping

I this an anti Lee forum?[smile] No one ever seems to recommend their products.
I have loaded probably 20, 000+ on my Lee 1000 with only minor issues. Not only is the unit reliable, but accessories and the base unit is 70% cheaper. Service form Lee is outstanding. For those people looking to load 1,2,or 3 pistol calibers, there is no finer machine.

I this an anti Lee forum?[smile] No one ever seems to recommend their products.
I have loaded probably 20, 000+ on my Lee 1000 with only minor issues. Not only is the unit reliable, but accessories and the base unit is 70% cheaper. Service form Lee is outstanding. For those people looking to load 1,2,or 3 pistol calibers, there is no finer machine.

I don't hate Lee at all. I used mine and it served me very well for thousands of rounds.... It will serve the friend I sold it to as well. That being said, it's not really in the same league as my dillon

Just ordered 10k of CCI primers... A little steep at $29.99 per 1k but at least I know I'm set for a while. Scored 3 lbs of 231 over the weekend so I'm good for powder and primers for a while

Back
Top Bottom