• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Time for a belt UPDATE: belt arrived

After a long time of my gun sagging, and always having to adjust it, it's time I get a gun belt.
I'm looking at the belt man and comp tac belts. Anyone have experience with these belts or another option.
If it helps I use the mtac holster IWB with either my m&pc or change kydex to my 229.
Even when I carry my snubbie owb, it still doesn't fit tight to my body with a department store belt.

Last edited:
I use a Wilderness Tactical belt (5 stitch). It is awesome. The Belt man also makes awesome leather belts. I would buy either of them without hesitation. Never used the comp-tac belt but I have heard good things.

A proper gun belt will change your carry experience that's for sure.

I have the comp tac belt that tapers at the front. I love it, I feel like without the taper the buckle would be too big though. Overall a great investment. With my crossbreed it makes carrying my P229 easy.

Mike

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I use the 5.11 tactical belt. Has strong velcro closure so easy to adjust. Made from heavy webbing or web like nylon, I think. It is rigid enough to support my M&P or 5" 1911. A quick fix if you need something right off the shelf until a better belt can be found or ordered.

Just a thought.

+1 for the beltman. The wilderness belts are solid too, but they don't look as good. Also, I've been wearing a wilderness knockoff lately as I'm too fat for my beltman and IWB at the moment. Every time I take it off, my girlfriend sarcastically says something like, "oh, velcro, how sexy". YMMV.

I have both the Beltman & Comp-Tac belts.

Both are good belts of the two I would recommended the Comp-Tac.

The re-enforcement (stiffener) is holding up better in the Comp-Tac.

On the Beltman belt, the black dye they put on the belt edge after a few years begins to rub & wear off onto your pants.

I have an unreinforced belt from The Beltman. Frankly, I'm unimpressed. It really has worn poorly and gotten floppy very quickly. I was previously wearing a belt from the late Lou Alessi that lasted far longer.

1) I assume we are talking about a "dress belt" or "house belt," i.e., one that goes through the belt loops on your pants -- as opposed to a "duty belt" which is fastened over your dress belt (with or without keepers).

2) What I do is buy ordinary uniform "dress belts" from a uniform store (I go to Simons in Lynn). They are made by "Jay-Pee", are 1-1/2" in width, single layer thick cowhide, and cost something like $20. There will be some wearing of the black coating where it passes through the holster slots (I carry OWB), and usually when that gets bad I buy another belt (versus trying shoe polish or something else, which will rub off). These belts keep a full size Gov't Model, a P220 or a P239 high and tight all day and all night.

Note that sagging is as much a function of the holster as it is the belt. Most of my holsters are either Don Hume #721s or DeSantis Speed Scabards.

After much thought, I ordered a belt from Comp-Tac. I debated with myself about the beltman, but I went with Comp-Tac. The wilderness instructor belts seem like fine belts too, but the material turned me away.

I am skeptical about the sizing, measuring and then minus 2" is making think it will be too small. I was assured by them that the size I went with would be fine. I hope....
Anyway, I do have a grace period to see how I like it. If I dont, it gets returned no questions asked, or if it does t fit, I can exchange it no problem.

I keep keep everyone posted about my thoughts or any concerns

Back
Top Bottom