• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tim Ryan Shooting - BWA-HA-HA-HA

Good on you OP for getting your girls interested and trained with firearms. [thumbsup]
~Enbloc
Thanks! We started early on safety with Nerf and moved along from there. One is okay with her Daisy Red Ryder, but has noise sensitivity issues even with a .22 while wearing SureFire EP4s and Walker Razor Slims. The other is looking forward to trying to harvest a deer in a couple years, but I'm reluctant to introduce her to the 12g Remington 1100 as a first shotgun. Will have to find something lighter soon.

Both can recite the Four Rules of Firearm Safety from memory, but love substituting in to "keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you're ready for pew", instead of the more accepted statement. Always brings a grin to our faces.

Now, to bring the thread back on track, I wonder how many of the four rules Ryan could recite without a cheat sheet...

Read the comments in the tweet it hurts your head

7KHHNvQ.jpg

🐯

Hey kids, looky I'm going fully semi automatically retarded!
This has an eight round bullet, high capacity, magazine, clip thing that goes up. The perferred choice of our much hated NRA members.

His feet are in one zipcode and his shoulders are in another.[slap] Professional long range shooter right there boys![smile]

I don't want to take your guns, just the ones from the poors..
I support the second amendment, but....

I own a shotgun, I can't recall what guage it is. But I used to hunt stuff with it as a kid, So I won't take away your constitutionally protected right to hunt.[thumbsup]

I hope these are the types they send to confiscate everyone's firearms when their end game comes.[rofl2]

Last edited:
Start with a 20ga.
Semi auto if she's recoil sensitive.
Or the 12 in reduced recoil shells first.
I agree with the 20 gauge. The kinetic energy generated at the muzzle is twice that of a full-house .44 magnum load. Many deer and turkeys have been harvested with it. For defensive use. I would take a 20 gauge pump or semiautomatic over a handgun any day. OP kieron's daughter will be very well armed if he buys her one.

Start with a 20ga.
Semi auto if she's recoil sensitive.
Or the 12 in reduced recoil shells first.

I agree with the 20 gauge. The kinetic energy generated at the muzzle is twice that of a full-house .44 magnum load. Many deer and turkeys have been harvested with it. For defensive use. I would take a 20 gauge pump or semiautomatic over a handgun any day. OP kieron's daughter will be very well armed if he buys her one.
The bride and I are leaning towards a 20g for her in a year or two. Not sure about recoil sensitivity yet, as she's not gotten behind anything larger than a .22 rifle so far (off-hand weight being the challenge). Mini-shells and lighter loads are in the training plan to build up recoil tolerance.

As for Tim's tweet, I went back to the link and temporarily hit a "tweet not found". For a moment I thought he took it down after realizing the pandering was pointless. Hit refresh to verify and the tweet came back. More hilarity, hypocrisy, ignorance and virtue signaling in the replies than I've seen in a while, until I remembered it's a Dem tweet.

Back
Top Bottom