Tikka T1X vs CZ 457 Varmint

Appreciate the replies. 99% of my shooting has been irons or red dots, so all the little nuances that go along with mounting a scope to a rifle are all new to me.

DIP looks backordered, could call them and ask when they will be back in stock, they actually answer the phone. But, here's another one: Tikka T1x Scope Base with Bubble Level as far as I know, they make their own products, so US made.

If you are near HSC and want to see if the medium rings work for you, let me know. I did have to build up the stock a little, but I prefer having the rings a little higher.

the nice thing about the 20 moa rails is you can keep your scope turret adjustments closer to the "middle" vs almost running out of adjustment. Or add some adjustment to a scope that does not have a lot like the Muellers

DIP looks backordered, could call them and ask when they will be back in stock, they actually answer the phone. But, here's another one: Tikka T1x Scope Base with Bubble Level as far as I know, they make their own products, so US made.

If you are near HSC and want to see if the medium rings work for you, let me know. I did have to build up the stock a little, but I prefer having the rings a little higher.
Just ordered one from Mountain Tactical (MT). No level but 20 moa extended.

Appreciate the offer. Just checked the rings I have and theyre medium so when the rail comes in Ill see how it goes. Thanks again for the help [thumbsup]

Just ordered one from Mountain Tactical (MT). No level but 20 moa extended.

Appreciate the offer. Just checked the rings I have and theyre medium so when the rail comes in Ill see how it goes. Thanks again for the help [thumbsup]
I'm not sold on the level in the base. I have an Area 419 base with one, never use it. I might be missing something.

Ready for the next father and son range day.

Just put my T1x in the chassis. CZ457 on the left and Tikka T1x on the right.

Haven‘t shot the Tikka yet, but gotta say that the varmint barrel on the CZ makes the Tikka barrel look skinny. Going to change the CZ grip to a vertical grip.

72104189-C881-4C40-BA5E-B618AA4572B1.jpeg

Ok. Got out today with both rifles. Sighted in the Tikka for now. Still need to take it to 50 and 100.

As far as accuracy, both are very good. Didn’t use good match ammo at all, just bulk SV stuff and we were right on whatever we were aiming at.
Shot pretty short today... I think around 33-35 yards. Forgot my spotting scope.

Had some FTF with the Tikka. No hiccups at all with the CZ.

Both great rifles. But the CZ has the edge as far as nicer build quality.

Ok. Got out today with both rifles. Sighted in the Tikka for now. Still need to take it to 50 and 100.

As far as accuracy, both are very good. Didn’t use good match ammo at all, just bulk SV stuff and we were right on whatever we were aiming at.
Shot pretty short today... I think around 33-35 yards. Forgot my spotting scope.

The couple of people that have tried my Tikka had some feeding issues. They were also being very gingerly with it, actually overly gingerly. After I told them to run it a little harder, no issues. Not saying you have gentle hands, just an observation on my end. Sharp looking gun.

Anymore recent feedback/learning on both platforms, I'm considering both. Albeit availability might nudge the decision... TIA

Get whichever you can find. Everything you’ll read is that they are neck and neck. Some people get better performance from the Tikka and some from the CZ

The Tikka is nice with the standard threaded barrel. Especially if you plan to run a suppressor.

The CZ has a nice wood stock and a heavier barrel.

if I had to choose only 1, I’d take the CZ.

And that’s what I did... I just sold the T1x and am waiting for the Bergara B14R to come in left handed.
I didn’t sell the Tikka because of how it shot... I sold it because I want a left handed 22lr bolt action.

Anymore recent feedback/learning on both platforms, I'm considering both. Albeit availability might nudge the decision... TIA

B14R is the way to go without spending Vudoo/Rimx money. I'm satisfied with my T1x but I would have bought the B14R had it been around when I bought the T1x.

Get whichever you can find. Everything you’ll read is that they are neck and neck. Some people get better performance from the Tikka and some from the CZ

The Tikka is nice with the standard threaded barrel. Especially if you plan to run a suppressor.

The CZ has a nice wood stock and a heavier barrel.

if I had to choose only 1, I’d take the CZ.

And that’s what I did... I just sold the T1x and am waiting for the Bergara B14R to come in left handed.
I didn’t sell the Tikka because of how it shot... I sold it because I want a left handed 22lr bolt action.
I called Bergara. Sadly they don't expect to see the Left Handed model until Summer at the earliest.

Seriously thinking about upgrading my B-22 to this. Love the way my Savage 22s shoot.

• Light And Crisp User-Adjustable AccuTrigger Pull From 1.5-5lbs
  • Custom 1 Piece MDT Chassis Machined From Billet Aluminum
  • Adjustable Length Of Pull And Comb Height
  • Heavy Threaded Barrel With Flush Cap
  • Integrated Picatinny Rail
  • Detachable Magazine
782ED7E4-8C35-4F90-A0CC-CA7224E84361.png

I called Bergara. Sadly they don't expect to see the Left Handed model until Summer at the earliest.

That’s what I’ve heard too, but as long as they meet that expected timeline, summer isn’t that far away. I already have an MPA chassis waiting for it

Seriously thinking about upgrading my B-22 to this. Love the way my Savage 22s shoot.

• Light And Crisp User-Adjustable AccuTrigger Pull From 1.5-5lbs
  • Custom 1 Piece MDT Chassis Machined From Billet Aluminum
  • Adjustable Length Of Pull And Comb Height
  • Heavy Threaded Barrel With Flush Cap
  • Integrated Picatinny Rail
  • Detachable Magazine
View attachment 466154
am I the only one that seems to need a comb to move left and right also?
Ugh Typical Savage---almost there.
Those comb nobs look cheap and I see them coming loose?

am I the only one that seems to need a comb to move left and right also?
Ugh Typical Savage---almost there.
Those comb nobs look cheap and I see them coming loose?
Possible. Hard to say without trying them in person.

Get whichever you can find......

B14R is the way to go without spending Vudoo/Rimx money. I'm satisfied with my T1x but I would have bought the B14R had it been around when I bought the T1x.

Thanks guys, reading some reports of very high accuracy with the B14R (with a few executions) enough so that I'm starting to lean in that direction. However, availability is the most scarce of 3 options (T1X, 457, B14R) Its pretty much ready to go out of the box, which is nice but also a bit disappointing being someone who habitually modifies everything I buy....

I was happy with the Tikka accuracy, but it's only right handed for now. They announced a lefty version, but it's not available yet.

Same for the CZ. You can get it lefty in 17, but not 22.

I think they are all about equal with pros and cons. Get whichever you can find.

Thanks guys, reading some reports of very high accuracy with the B14R (with a few executions) enough so that I'm starting to lean in that direction. However, availability is the most scarce of 3 options (T1X, 457, B14R) Its pretty much ready to go out of the box, which is nice but also a bit disappointing being someone who habitually modifies everything I buy....

You can buy the B14R barreled action separately and then drop it into any Rem700 footprint stock or chassis.

not adding much to the conversation, but, i do absolutely love this cz457, and, for an under $1k build it is pretty amazing. 4-12x diamondback scope works with it perfectly.
CZ457.jpg

You can buy the B14R barreled action separately and then drop it into any Rem700 footprint stock or chassis.
Yup, thats what I've done. Bought action + barrel (from Bud's) and gunna drop it in a KRG Bravo chassis, which just arrived today! Fortunately I still kept all my target grade .22 when retired from bullseye back in '99, have about 8,700 rounds (Eley, RWS, Lapua, etc). I'm stunned at what has happened to ammo costs, decent rimfire is now what center fire use to cost.... 223 is so bloody expensive right I may even get a CMMG 22 top end for my AR. Cheers!

Ended up throwing the tikka in a bravo yesterday. The arca rail I ordered should be here next week for it. Wasn't planning on changing out the stock, or using it on the tripod, but I really have been enjoying shooting 22 lately. The tree rats don't stand a chance.

Back
Top Bottom