Tikka T1x in .22

abundigas

NES Member
OK here is my dilema . I was at my local gun store the other day and I was checking out the new Tikka T1x in .22 and have not been able to get it out of my head. I have watched all the required YouTube videos and still interested. So has anyone here purchased one or have any experience with it. It’s not cheap but I don’t mind the price point, under $500 was what I saw without any shopping around. So what are folks thought and opinions..

I’m with you, I’m buying one this week, I’ve wanted one since they were announced. My LGS has it for $458 which is a great value, cheap even. Tikka makes great rifles, my 308 and 243 are both Tikkas and I love them. It’s suppressor ready and the weight at 5.7 is reasonable. Buy it.

Not sure if this helps but I recently purchased a Tikka T3x lite in 308. Jesus, it is a fun gun. The trigger is fantastic. Bolt is slick. It is accurate, and getting more accurate as I figure out the right load. Just do it. I have a ruger 10/22 but have been thinking I need a "better " 22. I have been looking at the CZ bolt actions. Now I have to look at the Tikka; thanks man.

Hey, you think you have it bad. I have also been looking at revolvers, considering 44 mag or 45 long colt. I love revolvers. Then there are the lever actions. This evening I have been reading about Henry's all weather lever action in a 45-70. I want a 45-70. Don't know why since the only thing I can shoot with it in Mass is a piece of paper, but I know I need it. I got the lever action thing bad right now because of my recent Henry Big Boy purchase. Ain't a rifle out there that is more fun, including ARs. I am not limited by caliber because I reload, which exacerbates the issue. Ay caliber is fair game. Uggh.

So stop thinking about it and just buy it. Worst case, you end up selling here to someone like Me :)

Pete

Not sure if this helps but I recently purchased a Tikka T3x lite in 308. Jesus, it is a fun gun. The trigger is fantastic. Bolt is slick. It is accurate, and getting more accurate as I figure out the right load. Just do it. I have a ruger 10/22 but have been thinking I need a "better " 22. I have been looking at the CZ bolt actions. Now I have to look at the Tikka; thanks man.

Hey, you think you have it bad. I have also been looking at revolvers, considering 44 mag or 45 long colt. I love revolvers. Then there are the lever actions. This evening I have been reading about Henry's all weather lever action in a 45-70. I want a 45-70. Don't know why since the only thing I can shoot with it in Mass is a piece of paper, but I know I need it. I got the lever action thing bad right now because of my recent Henry Big Boy purchase. Ain't a rifle out there that is more fun, including ARs. I am not limited by caliber because I reload, which exacerbates the issue. Ay caliber is fair game. Uggh.

So stop thinking about it and just buy it. Worst case, you end up selling here to someone like Me :)

Pete

Ha Ha Ha I was doing good tillI went into Four Seasons and held the Tikka T1x. Then I went to YouTube. Hoping for a reason not to buy it. But I got nothing. But you are correct it’s just a gun purchase it’s not a life long commitment.

Shot one at my club a few weeks ago during a bench rest competition and it was a fine rifle. Just bought one for me and my son to shoot .22 competitions with. It was on his Christmas list along with a scope for it.

Jim

Shot one at my club a few weeks ago during a bench rest competition and it was a fine rifle. Just bought one for me and my son to shoot .22 competitions with. It was on his Christmas list along with a scope for it.

Jim

Great to hear. Thanks for the info. Now how to sneak it under the Christmas tree. Ill put a from “Santa” card on it. That will cover my butt.

Great to hear. Thanks for the info. Now how to sneak it under the Christmas tree. Ill put a from “Santa” card on it. That will cover my butt.

That should work. And while you're at it, maybe get the wife one of these:

AP2622.jpg

Frank

I'd have no reservations, I love the Tikka I have in .308. Think I'm going to with a CZ 457 varmint instead though as there's more aftermarket support and chassis options.

Any 22lr under $1000 is cheap in the accurate 22lr relm.
The tikka and CZ can be capable of sub moa with ammo it likes.
Been a while since I looked but I have been eyeing tika , CZ , Sako for a LH 22 bolt gun

I was at KTP checking out bolt guns and when I got to the Tikkas, wow, the bolt is so smooth, they really stand out. The CZs didn't compare.

I still like the CZ 455 Varmint for the wood stock, I'm sure either one would be great. When I get more range time I'm gonna get a .22 bolt gun.

I was at KTP checking out bolt guns and when I got to the Tikkas, wow, the bolt is so smooth, they really stand out. The CZs didn't compare.

I still like the CZ 455 Varmint for the wood stock, I'm sure either one would be great. When I get more range time I'm gonna get a .22 bolt gun.
Theres a lot of nice 22s out there
Shot one of these a while back and if it was LH i would have snagged one.

Theres a lot of nice 22s out there
Shot one of these a while back and if it was LH i would have snagged one.

Unfortunately Beretta isn’t importing the Quad anymore. I always wanted one even though keeping a zero on four barrels is impractical

Back
Top Bottom