• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tiger & Browns

Tiger and browns were stocked on the cape! Had a incredible day my personal best tiger is top right. A bit over two pounds a pin fish in mass. Send me a pm if you want info on location or you want to come along... Also I absolutely am a big catch and release guy but I have a buddy who is starting a taxidermy business and is making a wall of trout for his shop.. This was he and I limit however we caught a ton more
IMG_20130410_153551_280.jpg

ive never caught a tiger before

plenty of browns but never a tiger. Am i wrong or arent tiger's sterile?

The tigers are a sterile hybrid of a female brown and a male brook trout. The fact that they do not have a drive to reproduce and their bodies do not put energy into reproducing, makes them grow very quickly. This quick growth give them voracious appetites.

Nice fish. My usual spots have not been stocked when I've gone. Water is extremely high though. Either they put them in and they spread out or they held off on tossing them in for whatever reason.

Had alot of pms about tigers and where ponds are that have them or trout in general.... Masswildlife website is awsome it has all the stocking info you need I also have been happy to give out where I am fishing and how....... As long as you are green ;-)

Had alot of pms about tigers and where ponds are that have them or trout in general.... Masswildlife website is awsome it has all the stocking info you need I also have been happy to give out where I am fishing and how....... As long as you are green ;-)

Usually do the ma wildlife page but the places I hit that they say are usually good, but not this year.

the tigers don't usually last long because theyare so aggressive , lot of fun with spoons and stick baits.I catch and release because I think they tast like crap! I'll take Brookies ,YUM!!! Nice catch guys can't wait to get out myself.

the tigers don't usually last long because theyare so aggressive , lot of fun with spoons and stick baits.I catch and release because I think they tast like crap! I'll take Brookies ,YUM!!! Nice catch guys can't wait to get out myself.

Native brookies with the nice blaze bellies are delicious

stockers taste like mash

Back
Top Bottom