• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tier 1 Concealment MSP Holster

Kisspik002

NES Member
Has anyone gotten a Tier 1 Modern Samurai Project Holster?

I recently took an MSP class and was very impressed with the Tier 1 AIWB holster. The retention is in the light so you can use multiple pistols. Right now its for the surefire X300 but I heard a TLR version will be coming.

I did order one with a 30 day turn around time. Just curious if anyone else is running one.

I’ve owned a few tier1 holsters. They are fine quality but not my preference. They are bulkier than needed and for AIWB they use the typical unnecessary hardware like clunky wings and suboptimal clip positions.

for multipurpose light base AIWB holsters I personally wouldn’t waste my time anymore on those. I briefly carried in a phlster floodlight for TLR1. It was a brilliant design and execution but suboptimal as I’d rather just have a dedicated light holster than a general one that’s bulky and doesn’t completely cover the trigger guard. For AIWB w WML I use only Henry flint and JMCK holsters. Everything else I’ve found either outright sucks or is uncomfortable.

what is the purpose you’re looking to serve w the holster? Is it AIWB w a light? I think one would need to know what’s the goal here to make any specific suggestions.

that tier 1 modern samurai holster starts at $160. Holy shit. I can get 2 JM customs for that price. Plus it’s called modern samurai. SMH. I am just an asswipe from the suburbs Im no modern samurai.

my main word of caution here is to look closely at the trigger guard coversge by the holster….most of these will leave a significant gap that Im not willing to tolerate esp for AIWB.

either way let us know how the holster works, fits, etc.

Last edited:
I’ve owned a few tier1 holsters. They are fine quality but not my preference. They are bulkier than needed and for AIWB they use the typical unnecessary hardware like clunky wings and suboptimal clip positions.

for multipurpose light base AIWB holsters I personally wouldn’t waste my time anymore on those. I briefly carried in a phlster floodlight for TLR1. It was a brilliant design and execution but suboptimal as I’d rather just have a dedicated light holster than a general one that’s bulky and doesn’t completely cover the trigger guard. For AIWB w WML I use only Henry flint and JMCK holsters. Everything else I’ve found either outright sucks or is uncomfortable.

what is the purpose you’re looking to serve w the holster? Is it AIWB w a light? I think one would need to know what’s the goal here to make any specific suggestions.

that tier 1 modern samurai holster starts at $160. Holy shit. I can get 2 JM customs for that price. Plus it’s called modern samurai. SMH. I am just an asswipe from the suburbs Im no modern samurai.

my main word of caution here is to look closely at the trigger guard coversge by the holster….most of these will leave a significant gap that Im not willing to tolerate esp for AIWB.

either way let us know how the holster works, fits, etc.

I like the fact the MSP holster utilizes the WML and you can run multiple different handguns. I will def write up a review when I get it.

I like the fact the MSP holster utilizes the WML and you can run multiple different handguns. I will def write up a review when I get it.

understood, but this isn’t A new idea and has been done by several holster pro’s out there. the major problem is one can imagine that between different pistol the geographical location of trigger guard is not always the same relative to WML.

raven makes a minimalist universal WML holster. Interesting idea to me as a bedside or vehicle holster for exact purpose you describe….Im not limited to 1pistol type. But again for AIWB I’m skeptical it’s going to sufficiently protect the trigger guard for my liking.

Back
Top Bottom