• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ticks, ticks, ticks...

They're back! The pups enjoyed being out during the last day of rabbit season, but I've pulled over a dozen ticks off of them. No rest from these things.

It's gonna be a bad year. Much warmer than normal and minimal snowfall.

But last year they said we had so much snow that it insulated the ground and didn't kill the ticks and that is why we had a bad year for ticks last year. Personally I think it's just more BS from the moonbat libs.....no matter what the weather is they always say all the problems in the world are because of global warming, even radical Islamic terrorism!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've been using it a couple years now on my hunting stuff, I've yet to pull a tick off my clothing . It does work.

When I see I've picked one up I watch and time how long before it dies. The record was 8 minutes. The stuff turns you into a walking weapon of tick mass destruction. At this point with such an effective tool available one should always make use of it. The alternative is just too damn bad to even consider not using it. At the rate of which I pick them up in the woods - I must have picked up 40 + this past hunting season. Every single one of them died... I'm supremely confident of that. I have never pulled a tick off of myself.

Deet repels them - and it stinks. Not so hot for deer hunting. Permethrin kills them and is odorless. Plus it lasts 6 weeks on your clothing.... So even though the cost to buy is more - if you spend significant time in the woods Permethrin is the more cost effective option as well.

Tick Tubes http://organicdailypost.com/make-tick-tubes/

Making your own tick tubes is pretty easy.

Things you need
Cardboard tubes are basically free, just save them from toilet paper and paper towels or cut up PVC pipe, cotton balls, Permethrin

How do they work?
Tick tubes use another pest (mice) to poison the ticks. Ticks reproduce in mice nests and then use the mice as transport to get all over your yard. The tick tubes contain cotton balls laced with a poison called Permethrin. Permethrin is harmless to the mice but kills ticks very effectively. The mice find the cotton balls in the tubes and carry them back to use as a nice, fluffy addition to their nests, killing all the young ticks on contact.

Deet repels them - and it stinks. Not so hot for deer hunting. Permethrin kills them and is odorless. Plus it lasts 6 weeks on your clothing.... So even though the cost to buy is more - if you spend significant time in the woods Permethrin is the more cost effective option as well.
I buy the large cans of aerosol at Dicks Sporting Goods. Hang the hunting clothes on a tree out back.....hose em down.....let em dry......done. My son and I are walking proof that the stuff works.......on a pheasant hunt a couple of years ago my two buddies came back to the trucks with dozens of tics on them.......my son and I NOT ONE! The shit just works.

Here's an example:

Repel and kill those pesky ticks, mosquitoes, chiggers, mites and more than 55 other kinds of insects the next time you venture into the outdoors. The Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent is for use on your clothing, tents and other gear. A single application lasts through 6 washings.

Permethrin is odorless when dry. During the drying process it tightly bonds with the fibers of the treated garment. It will not stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces or any of your outdoor gear. Permethrin clothing treatments have been determined to have "spatial repellency" against mosquitoes. Mosquitoes will swarm around you, but not land on your treated clothing and bite. Use by itself or with skin-applied repellents to build the ultimate protective barrier. Permethrin is a contact insecticide but non-toxic to humans.

FEATURES:

•24 oz trigger spray
•Protection from more than 55 types of disease-carrying insects
•Lasts through 6 washings
•Use for clothing, tents and gear
•Will not stain
•Non-toxic
•Active ingredient: Permethrin

Found my first one this weekend. Thought it was lint on my sock. Switched the dog to the pills this year, so it will be interesting to see if they work as well as the liquid stuff.

Back
Top Bottom