• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ti Form 1 can

A month or so ago I went the form 1 route which was a pleasant experience. I went with an all aluminum .22lr can and I'm very pleased with it.

Now I'd like to go the same route for a .30 can. My question lies in the decision on aluminum vs titanium. The vendor I got my 22 kit from makes kits for just about all applications, but they are all aluminum. For a rimfire bolt gun that's fine for my uses, but for a .30, I'm thinking something a little more durable.

I'm looking for a "kit" like a solvent trap kit. My 22 came as a solvent trap kit with the centers marked for everything, the end cap, baffles and all, so once approved, finishing was super easy. I'm having trouble finding an "all included" titanium kit in the same fashion. I've seen sites that have everything I need, but then I have to piece them together separately, measure and determine which baffles, spacers and whatnot I'm going to need.

Is there a titanium kit out there that is all set to go and just needs a tax stamp and appropriate sized drill bit?

FWIW, my main use for this .30 will be on a 308 bolt gun running subs. MIGHT build a 300BLK for grins but cant see doing mag dumps or working it hard. Just nice easy (and quiet) slow target practice is all.

I would be wary of a Form 1 aluminum rifle can. The pressure created by a .22 is minimal but even subsonic .30 Cal creates a lot of pressure around 50,000psi. A lot of production cans in aluminum have maximum fire rate limitations. I personally would use titanium, stellite or inconel. I bought a titanium kit from, Diversified Machine. Drill or CNC once your stamp hits the inbox.

Back
Top Bottom