Thugs try to break into a house

Great story! I especially liked this part:

“If you’re in fear for your life, most definitely we want you to protect yourself. We don’t want any harm to come to anyone,” Sgt. Marisa Barnes of the Kansas City Police Department told KMBC-TV.

Great story! I especially liked this part:

“If you’re in fear for your life, most definitely we want you to protect yourself. We don’t want any harm to come to anyone,” Sgt. Marisa Barnes of the Kansas City Police Department told KMBC-TV.

Sadly, this would never be said in MA....

Let’s be glad there are still places in this country were the police give that type of response instead of what "Marsha" would say if it happened here.

James

Sweet.....sadly I'll bet one of those pricks who were shot will try to sue her and her husband, what a messed up society we live in when the perp can sue the victim in court.

Sweet.....sadly I'll bet one of those pricks who were shot will try to sue her and her husband, what a messed up society we live in when the perp can sue the victim in court.

Sounds similar to NH law....

Kansas Gun Rights - An Overview of Kansas Gun Laws

Castle Doctrine

Kansas has a castle law. The law allows persons who feel threatened within their home or anywhere they have a right to be to use physical or deadly force if necessary. Under the Kansas law, citizens do not have a duty to retreat when threatened and can “stand their ground.” The law provides civil immunity for anyone deemed to have been acting in self-defense when using force against criminal perpetrators.

If that would have happened around here, the woman would have been arrested and probably be facing more time than the guys who were breaking in...
[thinking]

The DA might have even offered immunity to the thugs in return for their testimony against their assailant.

Well, he wasn't technically inside the home yet.

Does MA consider the curtilage ( Curtilage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) to be something you can protect? CT does. (for now)

The idea is that if someone has a gun and is in the process of putting on rubber gloves, like in this case, you don't have to wait for them to enter the home to use deadly force.

Don

Back
Top Bottom