Three Rivers Manufacturing

not new guy

NES Member
So I guess these guys are based in MA (Three Rivers / Palmer). Anyone have any experience with them?

I was watching a Nick Shabazz video on YT and he had very high praise for their Neutron so I went to check them out but they’re apparently sold out.

everything i saw just cruising around suggests they do pre-orders for their production runs. their web site said the previous pre-ordered neutrons will ship today, the 17th, so with the holiday tomorrow.

Yeah, I threw my name on their mailing list to hopefully catch the next run. The Neutron was the reviewer’s 2018 Knife of the Year (midrange) so I can see why they’re hard to lay hands on given that they’re coming out of a smallish shop.

Their fixed blades look nice and strong too. Wish the scale screws were flush though...
filed-action.jpg

field-action-3.jpg

Got a preorder in this morning for an Atom with CF. The Neutron preorder is tomorrow morning at 9AM. Don't be slow if you're interested because they sell out in minutes and they don't get cheaper on the secondary market. NEUTRON - PRE-ORDERS MARCH 3rd AT 9:00 am EASTERN
these guys are 15 minutes from me and never knew of them until this thread. I am very interested as I need a new knife. have any real world experience with these? I think id like to support a local shop!

these guys are 15 minutes from me and never knew of them until this thread. I am very interested as I need a new knife. have any real world experience with these? I think id like to support a local shop!

I haven't read a bad review, or even much of a bad thing to say about any of their stuff, but have never handled one. The worst I've heard is that they're tough to get hands on due to demand and how few they make. Check out the youtube reviews and - if you have the patience - jump in on the Neutron preorder tomorrow, get it at some point later, and then sell it (likely for a profit) if you're not in love.

I got a jade one, though depending on how it stacks up to the Atom it might be going to ebay or forum classifieds. I'm just about tapped out on the knife budget at this point. They do still have inventory up as of a minute ago.

I was trying to decide between jade and the yellow. Those were my two picks. In any case they sell scales for them ($25/pair for the atom) so you can change them later (and without taking the whole knife apart.

They seem to be working on getting their production numbers up to meet the demand. Looking at old posts on other forums it used to be months before they'd ship and months between batches but now they have multiple preorder events a month if I'm reading correctly and they'e shipping much sooner - I think the neutrons ordered today are shipping next week.

I'll need to post up a review of the atom. I've been on a knife buying tear lately, after spending years with just my trusty Benchmade 940, so I have a few new EDC-type knives I can try to compare and contrast.

been on a knife buying tear lately myself. recently lost a bench made sometime while out on my quad. pretty sure a tree grabbed the clip just right, about all I can think of. good luck finding that one...too bad it was a nice arcane. the yellow on the Neuron looked good and should be nice high visibility when I put it down. excited to try it out. don't read too much about knives etc unless on this forum. gonna start perusing some other places and get a better lay of the land. with bench made being on the $#!+ list I wasn't sure who my next knife would be. Spydercos have certain lines to them that I dont particularly like. the TRM knives look right up my alley. I probably know someone who knows someone that works there. I have some fam in three rivers. nice to read above about the owner being an ffl. another reason to support this local company!

Had both the atom and neutron show up today. There was no wait, apparently.

I’m loving them. Build quality is excellent, well thought out design, 20cv, lots of interchangeable scale options, made in USA, straddling the $200 line - they’re tough to beat for the price. I think the CF Atom is my new favorite, but the Spydiechef will be back in the pocket soon I’m sure. That’s a special knife in its own right.

F290810A-5E96-4D50-B4CB-10BBA104FC40.jpeg

Last edited:
Love both the Atom and Neutron now that they're broken in.

If you're considering splurging for the carbon scales you should go for it. They're excellent. I've been trying to find them for the Neutron but no luck yet.

Lost my Neutron with the CF scales at a soccer field this morning. I'm so mad at myself. I want to try to find another somehow, though I know they've changed up the design within the last year or so.

Lost my Neutron with the CF scales at a soccer field this morning. I'm so mad at myself. I want to try to find another somehow, though I know they've changed up the design within the last year or so.
That's gotta kill. Hopefully they plan on doing another run soon'ish. I was actually talking to the owners at my local pharmacy relatively recently. Nice people as well. I actually got a few things from them besides just knives. I only have one knife from them. Would like to get another one. @413dan knows what came through me recently. ;)

Just got a Neutron 2 and CF scales delivered this morning. They had one on their website for sale without scales so I pounced. It sucks to have to replace my original Neutron that fell out of my pocket (see above) but it's a good enough knife that I bought it again. Good thing they changed the clip on it - this one is deep carry and much tighter.

1647348520130.png

If anyone has an original Neutron and needs some scales shoot me a PM. I have a few sets sitting around (incl CF) but they won't fit the Neutron 2.

Last edited:
Sell out fast and very good quality!
After market axons are usually sold over their msrp.

I think it says OOS. NEUTRON 2

I got an email from them last week with something about some sort of upcoming lottery to purchase them.

Edit - it's these ones: NEUTRON 2 with PREMIUM 3D Contoured Scales LIMIT 2 KNIVES

Better hurry and grab one if you're inclined to.

*Anyone with an original Neutron that wants a free set of clear/jade scales just send me a PM and I'll mail them out*

Back
Top Bottom