Three Rivers Manufacturing

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
So I guess these guys are based in MA (Three Rivers / Palmer). Anyone have any experience with them?

I was watching a Nick Shabazz video on YT and he had very high praise for their Neutron so I went to check them out but they’re apparently sold out.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
everything i saw just cruising around suggests they do pre-orders for their production runs. their web site said the previous pre-ordered neutrons will ship today, the 17th, so with the holiday tomorrow.

breslau

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You're talking about Halpern Titanium. They're just down the road from me in the old Tampax building. No personal experience but their stuff is top end. I've met the owner, he's a gun guy and FFL. Made a small run of lowers a few years ago, says he won't do more.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yeah, I threw my name on their mailing list to hopefully catch the next run. The Neutron was the reviewer’s 2018 Knife of the Year (midrange) so I can see why they’re hard to lay hands on given that they’re coming out of a smallish shop.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
He really does make great videos. Is that his real accent or is he putting it on?

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Their fixed blades look nice and strong too. Wish the scale screws were flush though...

413dan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Got a preorder in this morning for an Atom with CF. The Neutron preorder is tomorrow morning at 9AM. Don't be slow if you're interested because they sell out in minutes and they don't get cheaper on the secondary market. NEUTRON - PRE-ORDERS MARCH 3rd AT 9:00 am EASTERN
these guys are 15 minutes from me and never knew of them until this thread. I am very interested as I need a new knife. have any real world experience with these? I think id like to support a local shop!

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
these guys are 15 minutes from me and never knew of them until this thread. I am very interested as I need a new knife. have any real world experience with these? I think id like to support a local shop!
I haven't read a bad review, or even much of a bad thing to say about any of their stuff, but have never handled one. The worst I've heard is that they're tough to get hands on due to demand and how few they make. Check out the youtube reviews and - if you have the patience - jump in on the Neutron preorder tomorrow, get it at some point later, and then sell it (likely for a profit) if you're not in love.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I got a jade one, though depending on how it stacks up to the Atom it might be going to ebay or forum classifieds. I'm just about tapped out on the knife budget at this point. They do still have inventory up as of a minute ago.

413dan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
im interested in an atom. next presale I guess. can't wait to see this thing. such a local company is something I really like about it. got the yellow colored handle as it spoke to me...we'll have to post up some pics @new guy when they come in

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I was trying to decide between jade and the yellow. Those were my two picks. In any case they sell scales for them ($25/pair for the atom) so you can change them later (and without taking the whole knife apart.

They seem to be working on getting their production numbers up to meet the demand. Looking at old posts on other forums it used to be months before they'd ship and months between batches but now they have multiple preorder events a month if I'm reading correctly and they'e shipping much sooner - I think the neutrons ordered today are shipping next week.

I'll need to post up a review of the atom. I've been on a knife buying tear lately, after spending years with just my trusty Benchmade 940, so I have a few new EDC-type knives I can try to compare and contrast.

413dan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
been on a knife buying tear lately myself. recently lost a bench made sometime while out on my quad. pretty sure a tree grabbed the clip just right, about all I can think of. good luck finding that one...too bad it was a nice arcane. the yellow on the Neuron looked good and should be nice high visibility when I put it down. excited to try it out. don't read too much about knives etc unless on this forum. gonna start perusing some other places and get a better lay of the land. with bench made being on the $#!+ list I wasn't sure who my next knife would be. Spydercos have certain lines to them that I dont particularly like. the TRM knives look right up my alley. I probably know someone who knows someone that works there. I have some fam in three rivers. nice to read above about the owner being an ffl. another reason to support this local company!

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Had both the atom and neutron show up today. There was no wait, apparently.

I’m loving them. Build quality is excellent, well thought out design, 20cv, lots of interchangeable scale options, made in USA, straddling the $200 line - they’re tough to beat for the price. I think the CF Atom is my new favorite, but the Spydiechef will be back in the pocket soon I’m sure. That’s a special knife in its own right.

F290810A-5E96-4D50-B4CB-10BBA104FC40.jpeg

Last edited:

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Love both the Atom and Neutron now that they're broken in.

If you're considering splurging for the carbon scales you should go for it. They're excellent. I've been trying to find them for the Neutron but no luck yet.

Top Bottom